Shadow Pixie (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Shadow Pixies are tricksters and pranksters at heart and cannot resist the opportunity to play tricks on travelers. However despite their childish nature they are very intelligent and use this to their advantage to pull their pranks.
Shadow Pixies are also very sociable creatures that do not like being alone for too long. You'll tend to find that if one Shadow pixie is around there will certainly be more nearby. It's very rare to see a Shadow Pixie without a companion.
A Shadow Pixie is a small creature with an average height of 3-4 inches. They have very enchanting faces, often complimented by long black hair. Their skin color is fair and their eye color varies.
They have small black wings that almost resemble a butterfly's. These wings are partially transparent and help them blend into the shadows. Their wings also have a unique pattern that develops as they age. They normally wear clothes made out of natural material like leaves and bark and when possible they prefer to use darker colored materials that allow them to blend better into the shadows.
Shadow Pixies are friends with most Fey type creatures regardless of their alignment and can usually get along with most woodland creatures.
You will also find that some shadow pixie's make friends with dragons and help them to guard their treasure and keep them company. Though they prefer to talk to neutral or good aligned dragons they have sometimes been known to speak to evil dragons and form an alliance with them.
A Shadow Pixie can be of any alignment, but they tend to be neutral in almost all cases.
A Shadow Pixie can make its home in any sort of forest. It will create a home deep within the forest where it is hard for humans/humanoids to reach them. Shadow Pixie's tend to try and form clans and groups as they do not like to live alone.
You will sometimes find that there are shadow Pixie villages inside a Dragon's cave. These villages tend to be large and the Pixies in the village will have a contract with the dragon. But some dragons let them live in their caves in peace without any sort of requests.
If a Shadow Pixie they chose whatever religion they wish but they mainly follow the god of nature obad-hai.
All Shadow Pixies can speak the Common tongue and Sylvan dialect, but not all can read and write it. Shadow Pixies tend to speak many languages but mainly focus on learning the languages of the inhabitants of the forests.
Shadow Pixie are not given a name at birth, they are allowed to choose their own name when they hit the age of 13. They will be given a temporary name by their parents until they turn 13. When they are allowed to choose their name they will normally take an elven or common name.
- Statistics: -6 Strength, +4 Dexterity, -4 Constitution, +4 Intelligence, +2 Wisdom, +2 Charisma: Due to their diminutive stature, Shadow Pixies are easily damaged by things larger than themselves. However, they are exceedingly nimble and can easily evade oncoming threats. Their slight forms also give them an advantage towards detail-oriented tasks that vex most humans.
- Race: Fey
- Size: Fine
- Shadow Pixies base land speed is 10ft; fly speed 30ft (Perfect)
- Darkvision Shadow Pixies possess remarkable eyes, which can see up to 30ft in darkness
- Low-Light Vision Shadow Pixies can see up to 60ft in low light conditions.
- Shadow Blend (Su): In any condition of illumination other than full daylight, a Shadow Pixie can disappear into the shadows, giving it total concealment. Artificial illumination, even a light or continual flame spell, does not negate this ability. A daylight spell, however, does.
- Spell-Like Ability: 1/day—Shadow Walk, 2/day Speak with Plants.
- Automatic Languages: Common,Sylvan Bonus Languages: Elven, Aquan, Auran, Ignan, Terran Draconic.
- Favored Class: Wizard, Rogue, Sorcerer, Bard.
- Level Adjustment: +1
|18 years||+2d6 years||+5d6 years||+5d10 years|
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|30 Years||60 Years||80 Years||110 Years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||0' 3"||+- 1"||1/8 lb.||+-1/4 lb.|
|Female||0' 3"||+- 1/2"||1/8 lb.||+-1/6 lb.|