Shadow Jumper (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Shadow Jumpers tend to lurk in the shadows very few show there face to non-Shadow Jumpers. They lead there lives as misteries though ones that do interact with non-Shadow jumpers tend to be helpfull and friendly yet commonly seen as monsters or beasts. Alchemists make them to serve some form of task such as collecting materials or serving as a guard. Do to this shadow Jumpers start with one item to assist in their task and no money unless they gain their freedom through their masters free will in wich case they get half the gold their class starts with. Some Shadow Jumpers gain freedom from their masters ither through convincing there master that they are worthy or in sevear cases killing there master.
They look like humans with dark purple to coal black skin with shadows emanating off of there body that range from a little coverage of there body to near full coverage of there body. There eyes have either a red or white iris. Due to there half construct nature some have body parts that look like machines or constructs (example: a metal arm or leg).
What few relations Shadow Jumpers have had tend to be good natured and helpfull to those who befriend them.
Any, though most Commonly true-neutral.
Shadow Jumpers tend to stay in dark areas though some have been found in very bright locations.
Any, though they commonly worship Elixra (https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Elixra).
Common, Undercommon, Dark Folk.
Names contain a lot of K and Y sounds. Ex: Xyonik, Klykon, Yemdak.
As a construct
Shadow Jumpers can be built by any character with craft construct. If the character crafting the Shadow Jumper is not magic they need help from a character with magic adilities in order to craft. Construct versions cost 2,250 GP (-1,125 with alchemy kit/ common reagents)(-875 with soul gem)(-875 if made by construct race)(minimum price 250) to make and require a cauldron or similar sized water tight container to be formed in. As a slave/worker (depending how the crafter treats them) a Shadow Jumper may still have a class but can have no more than half the exp of its master. The class a Shadow Jumper is will be determined by the crafter during creation. If a Shadow Jumper is not treatet justly they have a chance to revolt against there master. If the Shadow Jumper is freed the Shadow Jumper's experience matches that of there former master.
- +2 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence, +2 Wisdom, +2 Charisma: They were designed to be nimble and smart. The shadows make them seem like beasts only out to kill.
- Half-Construct: Considered half-construct in nature do to there alchemic origins.
- Start with one item to aid in the task they were originaly made to do and no money. Shadow Jumpers can also have a construct modification instead of an item. (This is not the case if made by a player as a construct)
- Medium: No bonus from size
- Shadow Jumpers get one natural attack of their choosing (see monster rules for a list)
- Shadow Jumpers movment is 30 feet
- +2 to saving rolls against disease, mind-affecting effects, poison, and effects that cause either exhaustion or fatigue.
- Darkvision 60 ft.
- Starting Feats: Craft Construct and Dodge.
- Shadow Bending: Attacks done tword members of this race in low light or darkness have a 50% chance to miss.
- Shadow Jumpers do not need to eat, sleep, or breath unless nessasary for a benift: Ex: regaining spells.
- shadow Jumpers can get construct modifacations put on them.
- A Shadow Jumper gets Combat Reflexes as a bounus feat when there dex is 15 or above.
- A Shadow Jumper gets the ability to add a Rune of darkness to any construct they have or themselfs. This rune is activated when the construct (or if on a construct with construct limb or construct armor then when the one with the construct equiped) is hit and creates a cloud of darkness centered on the construct for 20 minuets. This cloud fallows the construct. Rune costs 200 gp.
- A Shadow Jumper has shadow jump 40 ft (staks with any other shadow jumping)
- Automatic Languages: Common, Undercommon, Dark Folk.
- Favored Class: Shadow Dancer.
|2 years||+ 1d4||+ 1d6||+ 1d12|
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|10 years||50 years||80 years||+ 120 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5' 6"||+ 1d6||120 lb.||+ (2d4) lb.|
|Female||5' 4"||+ 1d6||110 lb.||+ (1d4) lb.|