Shadow Cat (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Just like a normal cat they will spend most of their day asleep. When they finally awake from their slumber they will try to find their companions, whether this is a PC or a feral pride. They are usually laid back, perfering to sleep, but if they find another cat within their territory things can get messy.
They look just like an average house cat, when they are calm. When threatened they have the full round ability to transform into a larger feline, usually a panther, but they are only have 1 Monstrous form. They are usually black or a dark gray. Some Shadowcats seem to have a coat that alters color as they move, just like a shadow, while others have smokey stripes that give the illusion of smoke encircling their form. They have two types of eyes, when they want to be seen they are luminescent, but if they are hiding they dull and fade to a black. There was once a legend of a white Shadowcat being born, her fur would be as white a freshly fallen snow when she was happy, but black as pitch when she was not.
The Shadowcat is rarely seen. They, as their name suggests, stick to the shadows. When they like people or other animals they will investigate them, eventually the subject of their affection will be considered the cat's companion. These are very loyal creatures and when they decide on a companion they will rarely change their minds. There have been cases where such things have happened, but only under the most extreme circumstances. These creatures are not like a dog, they don't usually follow at a persons heals. Shadowcats live their own lives in very complex social prides, but they will seek out their companion when they feel; lonely, have a feeling they are in danger, to escape mates/kits, or when they get bored. Shadowcats can have issues when it comes to other races, they tend to be aloof and cunning, which makes others weary.
Tend to be neutral, but may be neutral evil, or neutral good to complement their companion. They can rarely be chaotic neutral, or chaotic good. Never lawful, Shadowcats don't like rules and regulations, and are seldom evil. Shadowcats don't do evil just for the sake of doing evil, but they will do bad things to protect themselves.
The Shadow Cat can live anywhere where there is a darkness. They do not like daylight and will usually retreat into the Shadow Plane when dawn approaches.
None, they live for their companions.
Cat. If your DM allows they may speak common, but have a limited vocabulary.
Their mother will give them names at birth, but they may later get a second name in another language by their companion. As long as their companion is alive/has their trust they will respond to the name given.
- Magical Creature/Monstrous Creature: When they are Tiny they are just Magical Creatures, Medium transforms them into Monstrous.
When in Magical form-
- +4 to Wisdom: They are a very intelligent race.
- -2 to Strength, -2 to Constitution: They are weak.
When in Monstrous form-
- +2 to Strength, +2 to Constitution: They feel a rush of energy.
- -2 to Intelligence, -2 to Wisdom: They are in a rush where thought is pushed aside for action.
- Tiny(Magic Form): +2 to Attack and AC, +8 to hide.
- Medium(Monstrous Form): no bonuses
- base land speed is 30 feet: .
- Transform: uses a full round action to switch forms.
- Shadowmeld: Acts as if this creates has dimension door, but they must enter and exit through a shadow
- Low-light vision- can see in no illumination up to 90 feet.
- Locate: when they wake up from an extended sleep(8+ hours) they are able to determine the exact location of their companion(s). This is an automatic ability, when they awake they just know where they are. But they only get the location at the time they awaken. They are then able to use a shadow to teleport to their side, but must be done within 60 seconds of awaking.
- Automatic Languages: They speak Cat. DM has the option to let him speak Common
- Favored Class: Can only be a Dark Feline.
- Level Adjustment: +0
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|8 years||50 years||400 years||+ unknown|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||9"||+0.5"||10 lb.||× (1) lb.|
|Female||8"||+0.25"||8 lb.||× (0.5) lb.|
Back to Main Page → 3.5e Homebrew → Races [[Category:<!-race's type-> Type]] [[Category:<!-race's subtype; or remove line-> Subtype]] [[Category:<!-race's size-> Size]] [[Category:LA<!-#->]] [[Category:ECL<!-#->]]