Sandbinder (3.5e Class)
From D&D Wiki
- 1 Sandbinder
- 1.1 Making a Sandbinder
- 1.2 Sandbinder's Sand Incantations (Sp)
- 1.3 Campaign Information
Making a Sandbinder
Abilities: All Sandbinder's abilities depend on Intelligence.
Alignment: Lawful or Evil.
Starting Gold: As Rogue
Starting Age: Simple
|Saving Throws||Special||AC Bonus||Sand Incantations Known|
|1st||+0||+0||+0||+2||Control Sand, Sand Incantation (Least), Sand Spear (1d6)||+1||1|
|2nd||+1||+0||+0||+3||Knowledge of the Desert||+1||2|
|3rd||+2||+1||+1||+3||Damage Reduction 1/Magic, Sand Spear (2d6)||+1||2|
|5th||+3||+1||+1||+4||Sand Spear (3d6)||+2||3|
|6th||+4||+2||+2||+5||Sand Incantation (Least or Lesser)||+2||4|
|7th||+5||+2||+2||+5||Damage Reduction 2/Magic, Sand Spear (4d6)||+2||4|
|9th||+6/+1||+3||+3||+6||Sand Spear (5d6)||+3||5|
|10th||+7/+2||+3||+3||+7||Energy Resistance (Cold & Fire) 7, Magic Sands||+3||6|
|11th||+8/+3||+3||+3||+7||Damage Reduction 3/Magic, Sand Incantation (Least, Lesser or Greater), Sand Spear (6d6)||+3||7|
|13th||+9/+4||+4||+4||+8||Sand Spear (7d6)||+4||8|
|15th||+11/+6/+1||+5||+5||+9||Damage Reduction 4/Magic, Sand Spear (8d6)||+4||9|
|16th||+12/+7/+2||+5||+5||+10||Sand Incantation (Least, Lesser, Greater or Godly)||+4||10|
|17th||+12/+7/+2||+5||+5||+10||Sand Spear (9d6)||+5||10|
|19th||+14/+9/+3||+6||+6||+11||Damage Reduction 5/Magic, Sand Spear (10d6)||+5||11|
|20th||+15/+10/+5||+6||+6||+12||Energy Resistance (Cold & Fire) 14, Sand God Apotheosis||+5||12|
Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Sandbinder are proficient with all simple weapons. They are proficient with light armor but not shield. Medium and Heavy Armor interferes with a Sandbinder gestures, which can cause his sand incantation to fail.
Control Sand (Su): May telepathically control 10 lb/Sandbinder level of sand.The control has a distance of 25 feet/Sandbinder lvl.
AC Bonus: When something strikes at a Sandbinder, sands itself moves in the way of the attack, trying to stop it or minimizing the damages. The sands grant a AC bonus depending on the level (as seen above). Additionally a Sandbinder who takes a total defense action adds his intelligence modifier to his AC. The Sandbinder keeps this bonus even if flat-footed.
Sand Spears (Sp): Like a Warlock's Eldritch blast. Deals piercing damage and is not subject to spell resistance.
Sand Incantations (Sp): A Sandbinder do not prepare spells. He instead uses the power of the desert God to manipulate sand and achieve his ends. To use any incantation the Sandbinder need sands (they need to transport their own). This Sandbinder ability is treated like a spell and thus can be ruined and provokes attack of opportunity. The Sandbinder can use any of his incantations at will. If he incants defensively, he must succeed at a Concentration check.
Desert Knowledge (Ex): +8 on Knowledge (Geography) and survival in desert.
Magic Sands (Su): At level 4, a Sandbinder is able to create his own sands through magical means. He may create a total of sand equal to (Sandbinder level x 10 lb).
Damage Resistance (Ex): At level 3, the sands become so effective that it reduces the damage from the impact of non-magical weapons.
Each 4 level thereafter the resistance increase by 1.
Energy Resistance (Fire and Cold) (Ex): At level 5 the Sandbinder gains an energy resistance 7 to both cold and fire.
At level 20 this resistance upgrades to 14.
Sand God Apotheosis: At level 20 the Sandbinder is the true lord and master of sand, his resistance changes from Magic to Epic. His sand nature also grants him a regeneration bonus 1 (stackable). You can now control 10x your Intelligence modifier in sand + the other bonus.
Sandbinder's Sand Incantations (Sp)
Sand Shape Incantations
Least Sand Shape Incantation
- Sand Tool: +2 to any skill checks (skill check such as Knowledge or other skills where tools change nothing are unaffected).
- Sand Trap: Entrap target who fail a reflex, target can't act but get +10 AC and may escape with a DC 20 + Sandbinder Level Str check. The trap may hold a certain number of creatures inside (see Sand trap capacity below, note that the trap have an odd form).
- Sand Hand: Extend general reach by 5 ft. STR score of the hand equal to the Sandbinder INT score.
Lesser Sand Shape Incantation
- Desert Step: Gain a burrow speed of 10 ft.
- Sand Ghoul: Create a ghoul with HD equal to caster Sandbinder level, this ghoul is made of sand so it get +2 Natural AC, DR5/Magic but is half slower. You can only control one of such Ghoul.
- Sandstorm: Create a sandstorm that last 1d4 hours.
- Monstrous Sand Hand (require Sand Hand): The hand is one size category bigger than the Sandbinder adding +2 to Str and other size bonus and may deal 2d6 + hand str modifier crushing damages. May bull rush foe, the hand reach is 10 ft.
- The Sand of Dreams: As Sleep but with HD equal to your Sandbinder level and with a Nightmare or a dream.
- Pass Sand: As passwall but only with sand (include Sand Wall incantation).
Greater Sand Shape Incantation
- Everything is Sand: As Transmute Mud to Rock or Transmute Rock to Mud but with sand instead of mud.
- Sand of Time: may replicate the effect of slow or haste.
- Sand Wall: As Wall of Stone, but you can laugh Sand Spears through the wall.
- Sandform: Become a cloud of sand, gain the benefit of being in gaseous form.
- Sand Maiden (require Sand Trap): Transform the Sand Trap in a Sand Maiden (iron maiden), dealing sand spear damage to everyone trapped in the sand trap (fort for half-damage).
Godly Sand Shape Incantation
- Absolute Sand of Time: As time stop, but age for one full year each time it is used.
- Flesh to Sand: As Flesh to Stone but the target statue dissolves in 1d4 rounds.
|Level||Sand Trap Size||Sand Trap Capacity||AC Bonus|
|1-3||Medium||1 Medium, 1 Small, 2 Tiny, 4 Diminutive, 6 Fine||+10|
|4-8||Large||1 Large, 1 Medium, 2 Small, 4 Tiny, 6 Diminutive, 8 Fine||+12|
|9-16||Huge||1 Huge, 1 Large, 2 Medium, 4 Small, 6 Tiny, 12 Diminutive, 16 Fine||+14|
|17-25||Gargantuan||1 Gargantuan, 1 Huge, 2 Large, 4 Medium, 8 Small, 12 Tiny, 24 Diminutive, 32 Fine||+16|
|25+||Colossal||1 Colossal, 1 Gargantuan, 2 Huge, 4 Large, 8 Medium, 16 Small, 24 Tiny, 48 Diminutive, 64 Fine||+20|
Sandbinder's Spear Shape Incantations
Least Spear Shape Incantation
- Hot Sand: Add 1 Fire Damage for all damage dices. (10d6 +10 fire damage).
- Sand Wave: Do bludgeoning damage instead of piercing damage and target must succeed a DC 10 Reflex save or fall prone.
- Sand Drill: Spear pass thought dead target.
Lesser Spear Shape Incantation
- Sandball: Spear explode in a 10 ft radius.
- Sand Tornado: The tornado (spear) jump from initial target to secondary target.
Greater Spear Shape Incantation
- Desert Cone: Spear take the form of a cone.
Godly Spear Shape Incantation
- Devouring Sand: Spear affect everyone within 20 ft.
|21st||Sand Spear (11d6)||12||+6|
|23rd||Sand Spear (12d6)||13||+6|
|25th||Sand Spear (13d6)||13||+7|
|27th||Sand Spear (14d6)||14||+8|
|29th||Sand Spear (15d6)||14||+8|
As the Non-Epic Sandbinder.
Playing a Sandbinder
Religion: Sandbinder worship Arkukhan the LE god of and and desert. Sandbinder may also worship any other desert deity.
Other Classes: <-How this class typically interacts with other classes and how characters of this class interact with characters of other classes->.
Combat: Sandbinder are ranged fighter but still capable in melee, They use their sand incantations to break up enemy.
Advancement: Sandbinder should really remain sandbinder all over their career .
Sandbinder in the World
|“||Im as merciless as the desert.||”|
|—<-NPC name->, <-race-> <-class->|
Daily Life: <-day in the life of a character of this class->.
Notables: <-notable NPCs of this class->.
Organizations: <-info on what, where, when, and how characters of this class congregtate and assemble->.
NPC Reactions: <-How NPCs react to PCs of this class->.
Characters with ranks in <-the appropriate skills-> can research <-pluralized class name-> to learn more about them. When a character makes a skill check, read or paraphrase the following, including information from lower DCs.
|10||<-not so common knowledge->.|
|20||<-very rare information->.|
Sandbinder in the Game
<-How characters of this class fit in the game (PC and NPC) and what roles they play.->
Adaptation: <-Possible variant conceptions of this class.->.
Sample Encounter: <-DM placement for NPCs of this class.->.
EL whatever: <-Encounter scenario and character info on sample NPC including stat block. The CR of the NPC is typically the same as the EL for the encounter.->.