From D&D Wiki
|This material is published under the OGL 1.0a.|
Also see the troll creature listing.
Trolls walk upright but hunched forward with sagging shoulders. Their gait is uneven, and when they run, their arms dangle and drag along the ground. For all this seeming awkwardness, trolls are very agile.
A typical adult troll stands 9 feet tall and weighs 500 pounds. Females are slightly larger than males. A troll’s rubbery hide is moss green, mottled green and gray, or putrid gray. The hair is usually greenish black or iron gray.
- +12 Strength, +4 Dexterity, +12 Constitution, –4 Intelligence (minimum 3), –2 Wisdom, –4 Charisma.
- Large size: –1 penalty to Armor Class, –1 penalty on attack rolls, –4 penalty on Hide checks, +4 bonus on grapple checks, lifting and carrying limits double those of Medium characters.
- Space/Reach: 10 feet/10 feet.
- A troll’s base land speed is 30 feet.
- Darkvision out to 60 feet.
- Low-Light Vision
- Racial Hit Dice: A troll begins with six levels of giant, which provide 6d8 Hit Dice, a base attack bonus of +4, and base saving throw bonuses of Fort +5, Ref +2, and Will +2.
- Racial Skills: A troll’s giant levels give it skill points equal to 9 × (2 + Int modifier, minimum 1). Its class skills are Listen and Spot.
- Racial Feats: A troll’s giant levels give it three feats.
- +5 natural armor bonus.
- Natural Weapons: 2 claws (1d6) and bite (1d6).
- Weapon Proficiency: A troll is automatically proficient with all simple and martial weapons.
- Rend (Ex): If a troll hits with both claw attacks, it latches onto the opponent’s body and tears the flesh. This attack automatically deals an additional 2d6 + 1-1/2 Str bonus points of damage.
- Regeneration (Ex): Fire and acid deal normal damage to a troll. If a troll loses a limb or body part, the lost portion regrows in 3d6 minutes. The creature can reattach the severed member instantly by holding it to the stump.
- Automatic Language: Giant. Bonus Languages: Common, Orc.
- Favored Class: Fighter.
- Level Adjustment: +5.