From D&D Wiki
|This material is published under the OGL 1.0a.|
|Svirfneblin, 1st-Level Warrior|
|Size/Type:||Small Humanoid (Gnome)|
|Hit Dice:||1d8+4 (8 hp)|
|Speed:||15 ft. in banded mail armor (3 squares); base speed 20 ft.|
|Armor Class:||23 (+1 size, +1 Dex, +4 dodge, +6 banded mail, +1 buckler), touch 16, flat-footed 18|
|Attack:||Heavy pick +2 melee (1d4/x4) or light crossbow +3 ranged (1d6/19–20)|
|Full Attack:||Heavy pick +2 melee (1d4/x4) or light crossbow +3 ranged (1d6/19–20)|
|Space/Reach:||5 ft./5 ft.|
|Special Attacks:||Spell-like abilities|
|Special Qualities:||Gnome traits, svirfneblin traits, spell resistance 12|
|Saves:||Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +2|
|Abilities:||Str 11, Dex 13, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 11, Cha 4|
|Skills:||Hide +2, Listen +2, Spot +2|
|Organization:||Company (2–4), squad (11–20 plus 1 leader of 3rd–6th level and 2 3rd-level lieutenants), or band (30–50 plus 1 3rd-level sergeant per 20 adults, 5 5th-level lieutenants, 3 7th-level captains, and 2–5 Medium earth elementals)|
|Advancement:||By character class|
Also called deep gnomes, svirfneblin are said to dwell in great cities deep underground.
A svirfneblin has wiry, rock-colored skin usually medium brown to brownish gray. Only males are bald; females have stringy gray hair. The average svirfneblin lifespan is 250 years.
Svirfneblin speak Gnome, Common, and Undercommon.
- –2 Strength, +2 Dexterity, +2 Wisdom, –4 Charisma. These adjustments replace the rock gnome’s ability score adjustments.
- Stonecunning: This ability grants deep gnomes a +2 racial bonus on Search checks to notice unusual stonework. A deep gnome who merely comes within 10 feet of unusual stonework can make a Search check as though actively searching, and can use the Search skill to find stonework traps as a rogue can. A svirfneblin can also intuit depth, sensing the approximate distance underground as naturally as a human can sense which way is up.
- +2 racial bonus on all saving throws (figured into the statistics for the character presented here). This trait replaces the rock gnome’s racial bonus on saving throws against illusions.
- Add +1 to the Difficulty Class for all saving throws against illusion spells cast by svirfneblin. This adjustment stacks with those from similar effects, such as the Spell Focus feat.
- +1 racial bonus on attack rolls against kobolds and goblinoids.
- +4 dodge bonus to Armor Class against all creatures (figured into the statistics for the character presented here). This trait replaces the rock gnome’s dodge bonus against giants.
- Automatic Languages: Undercommon, Gnome, Common. Bonus Languages: Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Goblin, Orc, Terran. This trait replaces the rock gnome’s automatic and bonus languages.
- Spell-Like Abilities: 1/day—blindness/deafness (typical save DC 13), blur, disguise self. Caster level equals the svirfneblin’s class levels. The save DC is Charisma-based and include a +4 racial modifier. This trait replaces the rock gnome’s spell-like abilities.
- Nondetection (Su): A svirfneblin has a continuous nondetection ability as the spell (caster level equal to class levels).
- +2 racial bonus on Hide checks, which improves to +4 underground.
- Level adjustment +3.