| This material is published under the OGL
Also see the elf creature listing.
Half-elves are not truly an elf subrace, but they are often mistaken for elves. Half-elves usually inherit a good blend of their parents’ physical characteristics.
- Humanoid (Elf).
- Medium: As Medium creatures, half-elves have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Half-elf base land speed is 30 feet.
- Immunity to sleep spells and similar magical effects, and a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against enchantment spells or effects.
- Low-Light Vision: A half-elf can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- +1 racial bonus on Listen, Search, and Spot checks.
- +2 racial bonus on Diplomacy and Gather Information checks.
- Elven Blood: For all effects related to race, a half-elf is considered an elf.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Elven. Bonus Languages: Any (other than secret languages, such as Druidic).
- Favored Class: Any. When determining whether a multiclass half-elf takes an experience point penalty, her highest-level class does not count.
- Level Adjustment: +0.
Table: Half-Elf Random Starting Ages
| 20 years
Table: Half-Elf Aging Effects
| Middle Age1
|| Maximum Age
| 62 years
|| 93 years
|| 125 years
|| +3d20 years
Table: Half-Elf Random Height and Weight
|| Base Height
|| Height Modifier
|| Base Weight
|| Weight Modifier
|| 4’ 7”
|| 100 lb.
|| × (2d4) lb.
|| 4’ 5”
|| 80 lb.
|| × (2d4) lb.
Back to Main Page → 3.5e Open Game Content → System Reference Document → Races