From D&D Wiki
|This material is published under the OGL 1.0a.|
Archons are celestials from a lawful good-aligned plane.
Archons speak Celestial, Infernal, and Draconic, but can speak with almost any creature because of their tongues ability.
Archons generally prefer to meet a foe head-on if it is prudent to do so, but if outmatched, they do what they can to even the odds (usually by employing hit-and run tactics or standing off and engaging a foe with magic before moving into melee).
Archon Traits: An archon possesses the following traits (unless otherwise noted in a creature’s entry).
- Darkvision out to 60 feet and low-light vision.
- Aura of Menace (Su): A righteous aura surrounds archons that fight or get angry. Any hostile creature within a 20-foot radius of an archon must succeed on a Will save to resist its effects. The save DC varies with the type of archon, is Charisma-based, and includes a +2 racial bonus. Those who fail take a –2 penalty on attacks, AC, and saves for 24 hours or until they successfully hit the archon that generated the aura. A creature that has resisted or broken the effect cannot be affected again by the same archon’s aura for 24 hours.
- Immunity to electricity and petrification.
- +4 racial bonus on saves against poison.
- Magic Circle against Evil (Su): A magic circle against evil effect always surrounds an archon (caster level equals the archon’s Hit Dice). (The defensive benefits from the circle are not included in an archon’s statistics block.)
- Teleport (Su): Archons can use greater teleport at will, as the spell (caster level 14th), except that the creature can transport only itself and up to 50 pounds of objects.
- Tongues (Su): All archons can speak with any creature that has a language, as though using a tongues spell (caster level 14th). This ability is always active.
List of Archons
SEE WIKIPEDIA ENTRY: Archon
Back to Main Page → 3.5e Open Game Content → System Reference Document → Creatures