Ryuu'Kigen (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Pronunciation: Ree.you Key.gan
Name Meaning: Japanese; Ryuu = Dragon Spirit, Kigen = Origin
Ryuu'Kigen come in several variants. Underworld Ryuu'Kigen, those born with fiery passion. They are headstrong and brave, making them great warriors. they tend to become traveling mercenaries. Forest Ryuu'Kigen, those that are in tune with nature. They live roaming forests, jungles, and caves. They fend for themselves, making them great hunters and trappers. Sea Ryuu'Kigen, those that live quite solitary lives. They live peacefully on islands and coasts, and some even live in swamplands. Their tranquil lives make them appear as that of monks, also training their mind and body as if monks. Sky Ryuu'Kigen, those who are travelers like the wind itself. They tend to be seen, if seen at all, traversing along mountains and high peaks. Their specialized nature makes it hard to track them and sometimes to even spot them.
The Ryuu'Kigen' origin is said to have been through the joining of the mighty Dragons and the tricky Fey. The are tinged by elemental forces, each being one of the four elements that represents the different Dragons' elements. Their Fey heritage is unknown and very hidden, even among their own kin. Ryuu'Kigen are androgynous, Dragon-like humanoids, resembling that of the Dragonborn, that have a mystical, ornate appearance. Ryuu'Kigen are usually very slim, although their heights can largely vary.
Their bodies are patterned with a mix of thin fur and equally thin, layered scales that cover across the stomach, groin, neck, forearms, hands, shins, and feet. these scales vary in many different shades and hues of colors. These elements mean little in terms of magic, but does alter their scale and fur pattern, containing a specific color somewhere in their pattern. Underworld Ryuu'Kigen containing red, Forest Ryuu'Kigen containing green, Sea Ryuu'Kigen containing blue, and Sky Ryuu'Kigen containing white. along with containing these colors, the colors are not exclusive to each variant.
Most Ryuu'Kigen spend most of their lives roaming or secluded, making it difficult to find anything more than small tribes of them and rarely clans. They are naturally indifferent or friendly to non-hostile outsiders. Those that travel usually have hobbies, traveling from city to city or town to town and making a living as performers and entertainers using exotic and fascinating ways that are common and understood in their homeland.
Ryuu'Kigen usually range from chaotic good to some form of neutral, though many are chaotic from lack of societal norms and regulations.
Most Ryuu'Kigen prefer to not worship a deity, but instead they would rather pray and worship the Imperial dragons from whom they have descended from for their protection.
Each variant. For each variant, they have their own ritualistic weapon. Which everyone, when they come of age, must train in using, This belief is apart of reaching adulthood. Soon after being fully trained to fight, they then set out on a pilgrimage. This is to set out for adventure to see if they can find their own life beyond the clans.
Common and Draconic
- +2 Dexterity and Charisma, −2 Strength: Ryuu'Kigen attain their stat bonuses from them their hidden Fey heritage, having the guile, speed, and frailty of a Fey.
- Fey (Reptilian): Ryuu'Kigen were birthed from Fey, but contain the blood of dragons. The oldest of the Ryuu'Kigen lineage had hidden this detail from the rest for their own protection and the race as a whole.
- Medium: As Medium-sized creatures. Ryu'Kigen gain no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Ryuu'Kigen base land speed is 30 feet.
- Low-Light Vision: Ryuu'Kigen can see twice as far as a race with normal vision in conditions of dim light.
- Darkvision 60 feet: Ryuu'Kigen can see in the dark up to 60 feet.
- Natural Weapons, Claws: Ryuu'Kigen receive two claw attacks. These are primary natural attacks. The damage is based on the creature's size.
- Skill Bonus: +2 to one Perform skill of choice.
- Automatic Weapon Proficiency: Each variant begins knowing a single exotic weapon as part of their religion. Underground Ryuu'Kigen have proficiency in using Two-Bladed Swords. Forest Ryuu'Kigen have proficiency in using Whip Daggers. Sea Ryuu'Kigen have proficiency in using Three-Section-Staves. Sky Ryuu'Kigen have proficiency in using War Fans.
- Element Tinged: Ryuu'Kigen have an innate energy resistance, granting them energy resistance 5 to whatever element they're aligned to. Underworld Ryuu'Kigen are aligned to the element, Fire. Forest Ryuu'Kigen are aligned to the element, Acid. Sea Ryuu'Kigen are aligned to the element, Cold. Sky Ryuu'Kigen are aligned to the element, Electricity.
- Elemental Assault: Once a day, a Ryuu'Kigen may call upon the energy hidden deep inside him to shroud his arms in the energy type that he is aligned to (see previous trait.) For 1 round per character level, unarmed strikes with his elbows or hands (or attacks with weapons held in those hands) deal +1d6 points of damage of the appropriate energy type. He, then, may end the effects of its elemental assault early as a free action.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Draconic. Bonus Languages: Auran and Ignan.
- Underworld Ryuu'Kigen Favored Class: Samurai
- Forest Ryuu'Kigen Favored Class: Scout
- Sea Ryuu'Kigen Favored Class: Monk
- Sky Ryuu'Kigen Favored Class: Ninja
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|250 years||325 years||450 years||+5d10 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4' 8"||+2d8||95 lb.||× (1d8) lb.|
|Female||4' 8"||+2d8||90 lb.||× (1d8) lb.|