Rune of Cacophony (3.5e Rune)
From D&D Wiki
|Casting time:||One Minute|
|Duration:||1 Hour/2 Levels (minimum 1 Hour), Instant|
|Saving Throw:||Yes; Fortitude (See Text)|
- Language:Auran, Terran, Ignan, and Aquan
- Prerequisite:16 Wisdom or Intelligence, 16 Strength or Constitution, BAB +17, Rune of Thunder, Rune of Sound, Rune of Resonance, 19 Ranks Knowledge (Nature) or Knowledge (Planes)
Regardless of the time it is inscribed, when activated by a predetermined keyword the rune releases a shock wave, behaving different based on its environment. Multiple effects may happen at once at the DM's discretion if multiple environments exist at once. The shock wave deals 1d6 points of sonic damage per level (maximum 25d6) and adds the following effects:
- Air In the air or similar environment, all creatures must roll a fortitude save or be deafened for 4d6 hours.
- Ground If released directly into the ground, all creatures must roll a Balance check or be knocked prone.
- Underground In an underground environment the shock wave causes a cave in, dealing additional damage as well to those caught in the debris.
- Water In a water based environment, creatures struck by the shock wave must make a fortitude save to avoid being sickened. If they fail their fortitude save by 5 points or more, they must roll a second fortitude save or be stunned for 1 minute.