Rune-Touched (Pathfinder Template)
From D&D Wiki
Rune-Touched are creatures who have been strongly affected by raw magic to the point it has changed their form into something different. This passes down through the generations but is less likely to do so when they mate with a non-rune touched. (25% chance) While there are many ways to create one the most 'common' are the survivors in wars that involved large scale magic.
Creating a Rune-Touched
“Rune-Touched” can be applied to any creature. A Rune-Touched creature uses all the base creature's statistics and special abilities except as noted here.
- Challenge Rating: Same as the base creature +5.
- Type: Creature type stays the same but count as magical beast as well for favored enemy.
- Armor Class: The creature gains a deflection bonus equal to it's Intelligence modifier to it's AC. This bonus is a magical effect and stops working when affected by anti-magic field and stops working for 1 round when affected by dispel.
- Hit Dice: Change all of the creature's racial Hit Dice to d6s. All Hit Dice derived from class levels remain unchanged. Rune-Touched use their Intelligence modifiers to determine bonus hit points (instead of Constitution).
- Vision: Gain Dark Vision 60 feet. If the base creature had dark vision, increase it by 30 feet.
- Innate Magic: A Rune Touched is able to tap into the rampaging magics inside of it in order to use a number of spell-like abilities. These may be from any school and often varies widely from each creature. These spells may be up to 3rd level. For each CR this creature has it may choose a level 1 spell, or for every 2 it may choose a level 2 spell, or for every 3 it may choose a 3rd level spell. (Example: A CR 6 creature may have a 3rd level, 2nd level, and 2 1st level spell-like abilities.) They may change these every time it's CR increases. There may only be 1 instance of each of these spells active at once. The caster level is equal to the Creature's CR for these.
- Spell Resistance: Gain spell resistance equal to 11+CR. Any spell that fails to by-pass Rune-Touched resistance or the Rune-Touched succeeds on a save for, heals them for twice the spell level. (Minimum 1)