Rava Viera (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Rava Viera, like their other Viera counterparts, are haughty and judgmental, but only because of their seclusive nature. They are intelligent and wise, possessing pools of knowledge on matters inside and outside of their wooden home. Because they are rare to see, Viera are apprehensive when it comes to social activity with other races (this is especially pronounce with males as they are even more rare to see then female Viera). They also have an air of mysticism around them, often speaking in riddles, or speaking of lore not many would understand.
Viera have rabbit-like features, possessing large bunny ears atop their head, which is usually covered in long gorgeous silver hair (though Viera's seen in cities often dye their hair black or brown). They typically stand at 6 feet tall, and usually weigh around 85-100 lbs. Because their feet are elongated and clawed like a rabbits, they most often wear stilettos or some kind of platform shoe in order to maintain balance. They have human hands, except that they have long, hard fingernails. Rava Viera, unlike Feol Viera, have a darker shade of brown for skin tone and red eyes instead of silver. Although Males exist, they are rare (with every 1 out of 1000 Viera having a chance to be male), but are slightly taller and bigger with shorter ears and nails and unique green eyes.
Viera generally disdain most other races due to their seclusion and lack of knowledge about them. Viera that venture into cities may have a differing view, but it depends on it's society and how they look upon Viera. More often then not however, they choose to keep to themselves if possible.
Viera's are usually neutral, as they choose not to bother swaying good or evil (this is not impossible though). Those that choose to leave their wooden homes are typically chaotic, while those who choose to follow their Vieran laws and practices are typically lawful.
Viera are most comfortable in wooded or thicket-ed forests that provide them with seclusion and protection. Those that choose to leave their clan and venture into society often don't make comfortable homes, and just drift from city to city.
Viera do not formally worship any patron, but rather gain their power through the entity they call the wood.
Viera's speak a form of Sylvan called Vieran
Viera's typically get their name from putting two Sylvan phrases together, or by creating their own name by adapting an existing phrase. Examples are Jote (Spirit-listener), Mjrn (Spirit-caller), Fran (Swift-fletcher), Hama-Mir (Warder of the wood).
- +2 Dexterity, +2 Wisdom, -2 Constitution: Viera are agile and intuitive, but delicate.
- Medium Humanoid
- Viera base land speed is 40 feet:
- Low Light Vision: A viera can see twice as far as a hume in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. They retain the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Claw attack of 1d6
- Green Word (Sp): Vieran Druids eschew the primal nature of the Druid's art, and instead gain stronger resilience against arcane power. Vieran Druids lose the ability to Wild Shape, but they replace it with one Cleric Domain of their choice and the ability to turn undead like a cleric, except she may also turn spirits. At any time she would gain a bonus for her Wild Shape (either more uses/day or size category), she instead gains a +1/2 to turning checks.
- Mist Sensitive (Su): Viera are sensitive to the aura's that magic create, and it causes irritation when around particularly powerful magic. When within 40ft of a spell cast by a spell-caster who is at least 5 levels higher then her, she must make a Will save (DC 10 +the Caster's level +the spell level of the spell the caster casted.) or she enters a frenzy called Mist Rage.
- Mist Rage (Su): Upon a failed Will Save due to a Viera's Mist Sensitive ability, a Viera enters a frenzy that takes over her body. While in Mist Rage, a Viera gains a +2 to Strength, +2 to Constitution, and a +5 base land speed, but she suffers a -4 penalty to Armor Class. Also, she cannot cast spells that require lengthy casting times or somatic components, or use the effect of a magical item. During her turn each round, she must attack the nearest threatening creature in any way possible. She can still distinguish friend from foe, but she will disregard her allies wishes whilst in a frenzy. After 2 rounds of her Rage, she makes another Will save (at a +2 bonus to the roll) to end the effect. If she fails, the effect continues until another 2 rounds pass at which she gets another save (at +4 and so on).
- Spirit Caller (Sp): Creatures a Viera summon gain the (outsider) subtype, and +1 to their maximum HD. This only applies when she casts Summon Nature's Ally spells.
- Weapon Familiarity: A Viera becomes proficient with the Rapier, the Longbow, the Short Bow, and the composite forms of both.
- Keen Senses: Viera gain a +2 to listen, spot, and search checks.
- Automatic Languages: Slyvan and Common
- Bonus Languages: Any but secret
- Favored Class: Druid
- Level Adjustment: +4
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|110 years||185 years||250 years||+1d% years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||6' 4"||+2d10||115 lb.||× (1d4) lb.|
|Female||6' 0"||+2d10||85 lb.||× (1d4) lb.|