Rakshasa, Naz'nakya (3.5e Creature)
From D&D Wiki
|Medium Outsider (Native)|
|Init/Senses||+5/Listen , Spot|
|AC||30 (+5 Dex, +9 natural, +6 deflection), touch 21, flat-footed 19|
|hp||45 hp (7d8+14 HD)|
|Speed||40 ft. (8 squares)|
|Melee||Short sword +14 melee (1d6+3/19-20); or claw +13 melee (1d4+3/19-20) or|
|Melee||Short sword +10/+5 melee (1d6+3/19-20) and 3 short swords +10 melee (1d6+1/19-20); or 1 claw +13 melee (1d4+3) and 3 claws +8 melee (1d4+1)|
|Space/Reach||5 ft./5 ft.|
|Special Actions||Blinding Beauty, detect thoughts, sneak attack +3d6|
|Abilities||Str 17, Dex 20, Con 14, Int 13, Wis 13, Cha 22|
|SQ||Change shape, damage reduction 15/good and piercing, darkvision 60 ft., evasion, outsider traits, unholy grace, spell resistance 21|
|Feats||Multiweapon Fighting, Negotiator (B), Weapon Finesse, Weapon Focus (shortsword)|
|Skills||Bluff +20*, Diplomacy +22*, Disguise +20*, Escape Artist +15, Hide +15, Move Silently +15, Sense Motive +13, Spot +11, Tumble +15|
|Blinding Beauty (Su)||This ability affects all humanoids within 30 feet of the naz’nakya rakshasa. Those who look directly at the naz’nakya rakshasa must succeed on a DC 19 Fortitude save or be blinded permanently as though by the blindness spell. A naz’nakya rakshasa can suppress or resume this ability as a free action. The save DC is Charisma-based.|
|Detect Thoughts (Su)||A naz’nakya rakasha can continuously use detect thoughts as the spell (caster level 18th; Will DC 19 negates). It can suppress or resume this ability as a free action. The save DC is Charisma-based.|
|Change Shape (Su)||A naz’nakya raksha can assume any humanoid form, or revert to its own form, as a standard action. In humanoid form, a naz’nakya loses its claw attack (although it usually uses weapons). A naz’nakya rakshasa typically remains in one form until it chooses to assume a new one. A change if form cannot be dispelled, but a naz’nakya reverts to its natural form when killed. A true seeing spell reveals its natural form.|
|Evasion (Ex)||If a naz’nakya rakshasa is exposed to any effect that normally allows it to attempt a Reflex saving throw for half damage, it takes no damage with a successful saving throw.|
|Outsider Traits (Native)||A naz’nakya can be raised, reincarnated, or resurrected.|
|Sneak Attack (Ex)||If a naz’nakya rakashasa can catch an opponent when he is unable to defend himself effectively from its attack, it can strike a vital spot for extra damage. Basically, the naz’nakya rakshasa’s attack deals extra damage any time its target would be denied a Dexterity bonus to AC (whether the target actually has a Dexterity bonus or not), or when the nak’nakya rakshasa flanks its target. This extra damage is equal to +3d6. Should the naz’nakya rakshasa score a critical hit with a sneak attack, this extra damage is not multiplied.|
|Unholy Grace (Su)||A naz’nakya rakshasa adds its Charisma modifier as a bonus on all its saving throws, and as a deflection bonus to its Armor Class. (The static’s block already reflects these bonuses.)|
Strategies and Tactics
Unlike their spellcasting cousins, a naz’nakya rakshasa, enjoys blinding there targets with there beauty and then killing them in close combat. Whenever possible, it hides to get another sneak attack in, especially after some of its foes are blinded.
A naz’nakya rakshasa commonly blind there foes then hide and attack repeatedly to kill them as fast as she can. They avoid fighting non-humanoids, as their blinding beauty ability will have no effect on other targets.
Prior to Combat: Turn on blinding beauty ability if its not already on. Hide and detect thoughts to monitor approach of victims.
Round 1: Spring from hiding and attack a living humanoid with a sword, and deal sneak attack damage.
Round 2: Full attack while trying to maximize the exposure of her blinding beauty ability.
Round 3: Move and hide. If unable to hide full attack a none blinded foe.
Round 4: Repeat round 1-3 tactics until all foes are dead or full attack.
Skills: A naz’nakya receives a +4 racial bonus of Bluff, Diplomacy, and Disguise checks.
- When using change shape, it gains an additional +10 circumstance bonus on Disguise checks. If reading an opponent’s mind, its circumstance bonus on Bluff, Diplomacy, and Disguise checks increases by a further +4.
Typical Physical Characteristics: This being’s beauty exceeds mere words; she is captivating and viciously dangerous because of the emotions she inspires. She has a foxlike furry head, for arms, and has golden tan skin that looks shiny to the touch. She has the most beautiful claws on the end of her fingers. A naz’nakya rakshasa is about the same height and weight as a half-orc (6 feet tall, 245 pounds).
Alignment: Always lawful evil
While many theorize that the naz’nakya is not a real rakshasa, have never met one. If they do if they do not bow to the beauty and grandeur of the naz’nakya rakshasa, they most likely will not be seen or heard from again. Like other types of rakshasas, the palms of a naz’nakya rakshasa’s hands are where the backs of the hands would be on a human. While this physical feature doesn’t detract from the creature’s manual dexterity, it makes a rakshasa look very disturbing to those unfamiliar with the creature.
There for arms and unstoppable beauty are rare for rakshasas, but both of these qualities seem to make them the best at what they. Since they also seem to have a taste for some of the more primal pleasers when it comes to spreading and collecting followers for their masters. They seem to have the ability to attract a cult as they walk down a street, to bad they hide their beauty until they need to charm someone into doing what they want.
Their killing skill is dwarfed by the Naztharune Rakshasas, which unlocked the secrets on how to kill from the shadows. The two seem to be a small set of rivals playfully taking score on who got to the target first. However, this is not common since both are commonly are working different types of people in any case.
Naz’nakya rakshasas speak Common, Infernal, and Undercommon.
Naz’nakya rakshasas, are the diplomats and spies of the great rakshasa rajahs that are imprisoned in Kyber. They work their masters will abroad, seeking those that will be easy to gain as allies while killing those that would stop their evil plains. Being the best of the lords of dust most open spies and killers has earned them a high place in many of the lords of dust plains. Helping them form cults to spread there evil.
Double coins; standard items; double gems
Naz’nakya Rakshasas as Characters
Naz’nakya rakshasa character possess the following racial traits.
- +6 Strength, +10 Dexterity, +4 Constitution, +2 Intelligence, +2 Wisdom, +4 Charisma.
- Medium size
- A naz’nakya rashasa’s base land speed is 40 feet.
- Darkvision out to 60 feet.
- Racial Hit Dice: A naz’nakya rakshasa begins with seven levels of outsider, which provide 7d8 Hit Dice, a base attack bonus of +4, and base saving throw bonuses of Fort +5, Ref +5, and Will +5.
- Racial Skills: A naz’nakya rakshasa’s outsider levels give it skill points equal to 10 x (8 + Int modifier). Its class skills are Bluff, Diplomacy, Disguise, Escape Artist, Hide, Move Silently, Sense Motive, Spot, and Tumble. A naz’nakya has a +4 racial bonus of Bluff, Diplomacy, and Disguise checks, and it can gain further bonuses by using change shape (+10 on Disguise checks) and detect thoughts (+4 on Bluff, Diplomacy, and Disguise checks).
- Racial Feats: A naz’nakya rakshasa’s outsider levels give it three feats. It gains the Negotiator feat as a bonus feat as well.
- +9 natural armor bonus.
- Natural Weapons: 4 Claws (1d4).
- Blinding Beauty (Su): The save DC is 13 + the character’s Cha modifier.
- Detect Thoughts (Su): The save DC is 13 + the character’s Cha modifier.
- Special Qualities (see above): Change shape, damage reduction 15/good and piercing, darkvision 60 ft., evasion, unholy grace, spell resistance 21 + class levels.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Infernal. Bonus Languages: Daelkyr, Gnoll, Goblin, Mabran, Orc, Sylvan, and Undercommon.
- Favored Class: Rogue and Ninja*.
- Level Adjustment: +7
* See complet adventurer for this
Creatures With Class Levels
By character class