Protoss, Dark Templar (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Nerazim, aka Dark Templar
The Nerazim are a faction of the Protoss. They split from the Khalai(High Templars) and rejected the teachings of Khala.
The Nerazim are a matriarchal people, most following a matriarch, who outranks everyone else and sits alone at the top of the power pyramid. Nerazim never do anything that could bring harm to their community without great outside influence, and fall down hard upon those who do, influenced or no. A Nerazim who finds himself in a party for a rather long time( I.e., three or four games) begins to think of them as his own, smaller version of his home community, and falls into his natural state. Nerazim are even more "Bond of Brothers"-esque than High Templar, even referring to the High Templar, ones who banished the Nerazim from Auir, as "Brothers".
Nerazim are rather tall beings, yet smaller than their High Templar brothers, coming in at about 8 foot tall, looking like really tall humans. As in the Original Protoss race, they have two glowing eyes, digitigrade legs, semi-permeable skin covered in scales, four digits on their hands (of which two are thumbs) and toes, broad chests and shoulders, and narrow waists with slim midsections. Extending back from the crown of the head, protoss have a bony crest. Beneath it, emerging from the back of the head, are the nerve cords, allowing them to access their racial psionic traits.
Nerazim are bereft of mouths, noses, or visible ears. Nerazim hear and smell through their skin, and it is believed that their primary sense is sight. Nerazim have a sense of smell sharp enough to identify other Nerazim and see very well at night. A Nerazim's skin color may change in response to changes in its emotions.
Nerazim blood is blue or purple. (and yes, i merely copied that from the other one and replaced "Protoss" with "Nerazim" :/)
Nerazim give certain amounts of repsect to each other based on caste, as for outsiders, they are seen as respectable until proven otherwise. You gotta work harder to befriend a Nerazim than High Templar, however, when you do, you earn a lifelong ally and defender. Nerazim are usually wary of their High Templar brethren, however.
Nerazim are always lawful due to their strong ties to tradition. Nerazim must always have some form of structured society to stay sane. Insane Nerazim are as deadly, if not deadlier than Beholders, Mindflayers, and the like.
Nerazim have the planet Shakuras to call home. This is the planet they found after centuries of wandering the galaxy in exile. Those who are transported to your worlds often set up small communities, often using their surroundings and intelligence to create rather comfortable homes for themselves, often co-existing with High Templar brethren
Nerazim, after being exiled by the conclave, cut their ties with all things Khala, as such, they have no religion or patron deity. The Exile : http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Discord
The Nerazim follow the same naming scheme as all Protoss. Named Nerazim units in the games are Zeratul and Raszagal. Named Protoss units in general include: Tassadar, Khas, Adun, Artanis, Selendis.
- +2 Strength, +2 Constitution, +4 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence: The Nerazim are highly evolved beings, as such have more strength, are more agile, and so on and so forth. They are, however, more attuned to stealth than their High Templar Brethren
- Outsider, Humanoid(subtype): The Nerazim, though humanoid in body, are from a very different world.
- Large: As large creatures, Nerazim have −1 attacks and AC, +4 to bull rush, grapple, overrun, and trip special attacks, −4 hide.
- Protoss base land speed is 40 feet: The Nerazim are very fast for having such odd legs.
- Think out Loud (Ex): Nerazim can use their psionic ability to literally think out loud, allowing them to overcome their lack of a mouth and communicate with non-psionic races.
- Naturally Psionic: Nerazim gain 5 bonus power points at 1st level. This benefit does not grant them the ability to manifest powers unless they gain that ability through another source, such as levels in a psionic class.
- Psionic Focus (Ex): Nerazim are extraordinarily focused, to a degree unmatched by humans. They gain a +1 against Psionic save DCs and +1 to all saves for Psionic DCs.
- Low-Light vision (Ex): A Nerazim can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. he retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Do not eat or drink (Ex): Nerazim do not eat or drink like most mortals. They absorb their food from sunlight, and moonlight and can go a long time without either. They absorb water from their skin.
- Protoss Armor (Special): Nerazim wear specially made robes that give +2 ac
- Psi-Blade (Sp): Nerazim have managed to create Psi-Blade manifestos for use. Each Nerazim has his own Psi-Blade. These Psi-Blade are equal to a 5th-Level Soulknife's Mind Blade in Bastard Sword form. If the Nerazim has Soulknife class, the Psi-Blade and the Mind Blade do not stack. Use whichever is better.
- Cloak (Sp): The Nerazim were taught by the Hero Adun to use their psionic powers to make themselves hidden from sight and telepathic detection. A Nerazim may choose to activate this cloaking as a free action to gain invisibility as if he had cast the spell, as well as making him hidden from most forms of psionic detection. In order to detect the cloaked dark templar, a person must succeed on either a 10+Dark templar's ECL spot check or, if they are psionic, they may roll a D20 and add their psionic class levels as a bonus in an attempt to detect the Nerazim's mind through the psionic cloak.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Khalani. Bonus Languages: Nerazim are highly intelligent, as such they are able to learn all but the secret languages.
- Favored Class: Soulkinfe, Lurk.
- Level Adjustment: +5
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|500 years||800 years||1000years||+3d100 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||6' 4"||+2d12||230 lb.||× 2d6 lb.|
|Female||6' 1"||+2d12||200 lb.||× 2d6 lb.|