Primeval Kitsune (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Primeval Kitsunes are powerful and wise entities, worshipped and held in high esteem in both the lore and culture of many races. Primeval Kitsune are mischievous in a sense that they like to pull pranks and cause trouble to random passerby. They are extremely curious, almost to a fault. They can be proud and boastful, and even destructive when angered. A Primeval Kitsune will not hesitate to bring it's wrath down apon those it deems deserve it. They are naturally playful. They love games and shenannigans. They can vary from being kind hearted, and preferring solitude. They can be very Childish. However, they are extremely loyal. Once you befriend a Primeval Kitsune, your decendants have a friend and guardian for generations to come.
Primeval Kitsunes tend to appear as a normal human with a foxes ears and tails. They can range from 4'11 to 6 feet in height. Like a normal human, their size can vary, being anywhere from 120 to 260 lbs in weight. They tend to have a fair shade of their skin color, with hair ranging in color. They have a diverse range of eye color, all bearing on similarity. The amber colored center with a slit pupil. They tend to lean, built for speed and power.
Primeval Kitsune can typically remain neutral. They tend to look out for what they hold important in their own way, uncaring about laws and cause. They will not openly seek chaos however.
Primeval Kitsunes can survive in a diverse assortment of climates. Being Primeval Nature Spirits, they can be survive in the darkest caves to the hottest deserts.
As Nine-Tailed Fox Spirits and Nature Spirits, they Diverse in following the ways of Melora or Inari.
As Primeval Nature Spirits, Primeval Kitsune naturally can speak Primordial, Celestial, and Sylvan. Most Pick up common, due to curious meddling with mortal races.
- +4 Charisma, +2 Intelligence,and +2 Wisdom, -4 Constitution and -4 Strength. Primeval Kitsune are Extremely fast and agile, making them able to dodge attacks with Ease. They are wise, willful, and Highly Intelligent, making them quick learners and keen observers. However, they are exceptionally fragile.
- Humanoid (Spirit)
- Primeval Kitsune base land speed is 40 feet
- Low-light Vision: A Primeval kitsune can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. A kitsune's eyes cannot distinguish colors and therefore sees only in black, white and grayish colors.
- Natural Weapons: The claws on a Primeval Kitsune’s hands can deal 1d4 damage in an unarmed strike.
- Change Shape: Primeval Kitsune can assume the appearance of a small fox, save that it does not adjust its ability scores.
- kitsune have a child thinking they get -4 on their will save to succeed illusion that includes light properties
- Prehensile Tail: Primeval Kitsune have a long, flexible tail that can be used to carry objects. Their tails can also carry weapons, but not use them to attack. They need to transfer the weapon to their hand before they can attack with it. Retrieving an item, stowing an item, or retrieving then transferring an item to a free hand are all swift actions. Kitsune do not provoke an attack of opportunity when retrieving or stowing items using their tails. Please note that a kitsune can also use his tail to deliver touch attacks.
- Inner fear: natural fear vs wolfs gets to make a fear check dc 12+ level of the wolfs(dc is greater if more wolfs) to dont try to hide
- Inari's heritage: kitsune starts with 1 tail and thus gain one at certain lvl for free. like gaining the feat a fox's tail at lvl 1-3-5-7-10-13-16-19-20 if the maximum number of tail is reached before the number of uses per day goes up by 1 each time.
- Wild Empathy: Ability to lower an animal's or beast's aggression, effectively pacifying them unless provoked.
- Scent: Primeval Kitsune are able to detect approaching enemies, sniff out hidden foes, and track by sense of smell. Kitsune can detect opponents within 30 feet by sense of smell. When a kitsune detects a scent, the exact location of the source is not revealed - only its presence somewhere within range. Kitsune with the Track feat and scent ability can follow tracks by smell, making a Wisdom (or Survival) check to find or follow a track.
- Hinotama Soul: When a Primeval Kitsune is reduced to 0 or less Hp, they do not die. They instead become a Hitodama Soul. They levitate above their body as a flamins sphere, and cannot move more than 100 feet from their body. During this, they can only attack using the Sorceror Spell, Fireball with half damage. They stay this way until they are doused, healed, or the end of combat. If the Hinotama is not doused by end of combat, the Kitsune is revived with 1 hp. During this form the Kitsune has immunity to melee and weapon damage.
- Ancient Wisdom: Primeval Kitsune Start with 2 additional Feats.
- Eyes of the Fox: Kitsune are treated as being constantly affected by the spell true seeing as a magical ability. The kitsune is also immune to the effects of true seeing and is not detected when he invisible, being hidden by an illusion, etc.: Primeval Kitsune have a knack for seeing past any, if not all illusions and know how to bypass this true sight.
- Primordial Manifestation: Primeval Kitsune can choose to manifest elemental energy to augment their melee attacks and resistances. At 1st Level, A Primeval Kitsune can choose Fire, Electricity, Cold, Force, Necrotic, or Poison. They can deal 1d4 extra damage and gain 5 resistance to that chosen element. At 5th, 10th, 15th, and 20th Level, the Primeval Kitsune can choose an additional manifestation. The resistance increases to 10,15,20, and 25 damage resistance.
- Magical Bloodline:Primeval Kitsune can use spells from the Sorceror's Spell list. It is treated as a Sorceror class at all times for the exclusive purpose of learning spells as it levels up.
- Fox Fire: Primeval Kitsune can produce the effects dancing lights at will, as the spell (caster level 2nd). Kitsune can activate this ability as a standard action: Gaining the ability to produce foxfire with their tales at a young age, kitsune are masters at manipulating it and using it to trick their enemies.
- Automatic Languages:Common, Celestial, Sylvan, Primordial. Bonus Languages: Any
- Favored Class: Ranger, Rogue, Monk
- Level Adjustment: +1
- A Fox's Tail [Racial Feat]
Prerequisite: This feat can be only be taken up by a kitsune. Benefit: +1 dodge bonus to AC and can now qualify for the Deflect Arrows and Snatch Arrows feat as if you have the Improved Unarmed Strike feat, using your tail to perform the action. You also gain a new spell-like ability, usable once per day from an arcane spellcaster's list of spells of up to spell level 1. The spell selected must belong to the Enchantment or Illusion school of magic at least for half of the tails. Your caster level for this spell is equal to your Hit Dice. The DCs for these abilities are based on your highest mental ability score. Special: This feat can be taken multiple times for a maximum of 8 more times after the first, getting a new tail and spell-like ability each additional time. The maximum spell level selected cannot exceed your number of tails. For example a 3-tailed kitsune can select a 3rd level Enchantment or Illusion arcane spell or any other school if he has taken 2 illusion or enchantment spell for the two other tail, after taking this feat for the 3rd time. You also gain an added +1 dodge bonus to AC for every 3 tails, with a +4 bonus by the ninth tail. When selecting a spell with an expensive material component or an XP cost, you must perform a ritual and expend 50 times that value before you gain access to your spell-like ability. You can choose to pay only part of the cost while doing the ritual, but you do not gain access to the spell-like ability until you've paid in full.
- Multi Tailed Fighting [Racial Feat]
Prerequisite: This feat can be only be taken up by a kitsune, A Fox's Tail at least 3 time. Benefit: Your tail become able to wield a short light weapon or throw a light weapon at short range it has half your strengh, thus gaining the effect of multi weapon fighting feat, tho you still get the minus on your attack rolls for every attack you make.
- Improved Fox's Tail [Racial Feat]
Prerequisite: A Fox's Tail feat. This feat can be only be taken up by a kitsune. Benefit: The kitsune gains a secondary natural attack tail slap for each of his tails, dealing 1d6 + 1/2 strength modifier bludgeoning damage. At 6th, level your tails are treated as magical weapons for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction. At 11th level, your tails gain an alignment based on one of your alignments for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction. At 16th level, your tails are treated as chosen special material for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction. By 21st level, your tails are considered epic for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction. The kitsune qualifies for more feats as if it has the Improved Unarmed Strike feat using his tails to perform the action. Special: All your natural attacks are treated as having the same alignment and special material for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction. Once chosen these cannot be changed. Note: Secondary natural attacks suffer a -5 penalty to hit.
- A Fox’s Long Tail [Racial Feat]
Prerequisite: Improved Fox's Tail feat. This feat can be only be taken up by a kitsune. Benefit: Your tail can stretch to hit targets that are farther away. A kitsune’s tail slap gains reach 10 ft.
- A Fox's Claws [Racial Feat]
Prerequisite: This feat can be only be taken up by a kitsune. Benefit: As a free action, you can cause your nails to grow longer and sharper granting you two primary natural claw attacks, dealing 1d6 + strength modifier slashing damage. At 6th, level your claws are treated as magical weapons for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction. At 11th level, your claws gain an alignment based on one of your alignments for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction. At 16th level, your claws are treated as chosen special material for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction. By 21st level, your claws are considered epic for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction. The kitsune qualifies for more feats as if it has the Improved Unarmed Strike feat using his claws to perform the action. Special: All your natural attacks are treated as having the same alignment and special material for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction. Once chosen these cannot be changed.
- A Venomous Fox [Racial Feat]
Prerequisite: Improved Fox's Tail feat or A Fox's Claws feat. This feat can be only be taken up by a kitsune. Benefit: A kitsune's natural attack deals 1d4+1 poison damage DC 10 + 1/2 its Hit Dice + constitution modifier to a selected ability score. This special attack must be declared before attacking and can only deal ability damage for that attack. On a failed save, the target needs to make another saving throw one minute later or take another 1d4+1 poison damage. Once used the kitsune cannot activate this attack for another 1d4 rounds.
- A Fox Loves Fire [Racial Feat]
Prerequisite: This feat can be only be taken up by a kitsune. Benefit: When casting spells or using special attacks that cause fire damage you can add 1 damage per Hit Die to your attack. Note: Attacking with a flaming weapon is NOT considered as a special attack. A special attack is a supernatural, extraordinary or spell-like ability.
- A Foxy Fox [Racial Feat]
Prerequisite: This feat can be only be taken up by a kitsune. Benefit: +2 bonus to Bluff, Diplomacy, Disguise, and Sense Motive checks.
- Fox Magic [Racial Feat]
Prerequisite: This feat can be only be taken up by a kitsune. Benefit: You add +1 to the DC of any saving throws against enchantment or illusion spells or spell-like ability that you cast.
- A Sly Fox [Racial Feat]
Prerequisite: This feat can be only be taken up by a kitsune. Benefit: A kitsune relies on her intellect as much as her personality. You add your Intelligence modifier on Bluff, Diplomacy, Disguise, and Sense Motive checks.
- Blessing of Inari [Racial Feat]
Prerequisite: A Fox's Tail feat x3. This feat can be only be taken up by a kitsune. Benefit: A kitsune can use all of his racial spell-like abilities one more time per day.
- Kyuubi no Kami [Racial Feat]
Prerequisite: Must possess a Hoshi no Tama. This feat can be only be taken up by a kitsune. Benefit: Once per day per tail, you can assume the nine-tailed form even if you do not have the requisite amount of tails as long as you possess a nine-tails hoshi no tama. You can remain in that form for 1 round per Hit Dice. If you already possess nine-tails you are considered a divine spirit and your type changes to outsider (native, kitsune, shapeshifter). You gain damage reduction 5/- and can replace any of his racial spell-like ability with any arcane or divine spell of the same level or lower. For example, you can choose to acquire level 1 to 9 cleric spells to replace your current selection. Special: You still need to perform the ritual if the new spell selected has an expensive material component or XP cost. If you replace a spell-like ability which has these added cost, any gp or XP used with any previous ritual cannot be recovered. For example, you can add the Wish/Miracle spell, but you need to perform a ritual and expend 250,000 XP before you can use this spell-like ability
|Adulthood 100 Years||Simple||Moderate||Complex|
|Middle Age 1000 Years||Old 3000 Years||Venerable 5000 Years||Maximum Age 10,000 Years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||' "||+||lb.||× () lb.|
|Female||' "||+||lb.||× () lb.|