Primal (5e Subclass)
From D&D Wiki
Primal Shifters can come from various pasts, such as an ancestor afflicted with lycanthropy, the child of a druid, or had their blood infected by a certain animal. No matter what has caused their blood to change, primal rangers forgo training to improve their spellcasting to tap into the savagery of nature to enhance their bodies through short intense burst of shapeshifting.
At 3rd level, you choose which type of animal heritage pulses through your veins. You gain certain traits based on this choice. As an action, you may shift into a hybrid form of your race and the animal for 10 minutes. You may do this once, regaining all uses at the end of a short or long rest.
- Bat: You gain blindsight out to 30 feet. This blindsight does not function if you are deafened. At 14th level, you gain a flying speed of 30 feet.
- Bear: You gain + 1 AC. At 14th level, when you hit with a melee attack, you deal an additional 2d4 damage.
- Bull: You cannot be forcefully moved or knocked prone. At 14th level, once per turn if you move at least 10 feet immediately before you make a melee weapon attack, you may deal an additional 2d8 damage.
- Falcon: You gain darkvision out to 1 mile. At 14th level, you gain the effects of the jump spell while transformed.
- Frog: You can breath in water as well as air, you gain a swimming speed of 30 feet, and can fight in water unhindered. At 14th level, you may try to grapple a creature within 15 feet of you with your tongue as a bonus action.
- Monkey: You gain advantage on opposed grapple attempts. At 14th level, you may grapple up to 3 targets at once and qualify as a creature one size larger on grapple attempts.
- Mouse: You may squeeze through spaces as small as 1 foot. At 14th level, when you are subjected to an effect that allows you to make a Dexterity saving throw to take only half damage, you instead take no damage if you succeed on the saving throw, and only half damage if you fail.
- Owl: You gain advantage on Stealth checks and may take the hide action as a bonus action. At 14th level, you hover in place and don't touch the ground, and your may take the dash action as a bonus action.
- Snake: Your reach increases by 5 feet. At 14th level, you may take the dodge action as a bonus action.
- Wolf: You gain blindsight out to 30 feet. This blindsight does not function if you can not smell. At 14th level, as a reaction when a creature within 5 ft. of you makes an attack roll, you may make a single melee attack against the same target.
Starting at 6th level, while Primal Blood is active, you may become indistinguishable from a normal animal of the same type and may change your size to any size category below your own as a bonus action.
At 9th level, you are able to speak with animals of the same primal heritage, and you have advantage on Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma skill checks against them. Additionally, your attacks while Primal Blood is active count as magical for the purpose of overcoming resistance and immunity to non-magical attacks and damage.
At 11th level, you gain an additional use of Primal Blood. Additionally, you may choose an additional Primal Blood shape transform to transform into, but you may only gain the effects of one transformation at a time.
Beginning at 14th level, your Primal Blood feature improves, allowing you to use it a number of times equal to your Wisdom modifier + 1 (minimum 3).
At 18th level, you may choose an additional Primal Blood shape to transform into when you use this ability. You benefit from every transformation you have while transformed, and you may choose one effect to benefit from permanently, though Primal Blood must still be activated traditionally for you to benefit from features that rely on it like Wild Ancestry.