Possessed Toy (Pathfinder Race)
From D&D Wiki
|Sourced from Monster Girl Encyclopedia |
Once a spirit wandering the earth or from the land of the dead; these souls are now bound to toys be it from someone binding them to the toy or a bond from a past life. Are you the spirit of a child now bound to a toy they once loved or have come to love? Are they the spirit of an adventurer who met an untimely fate? Whatever you were, for some reason you've come to be bound to a child's plaything.
Rags, Wood, Clay, or Porcelain; The toy you possessed is your appearance to those who still live. Toys can range from Medium to Diminutive based on DM's discretion.
Alignment and Religion
Being a Spirit, your alignment will forever be with that of chaos. Be it Good or Evil, Chaotic neutral perhaps? No matter your moral sway you were claimed for chaos.
The older the spirit the longer they have been around no? It becomes rare however that a spirit becomes so bored of their life as a toy possessing spirit they do something as radical as putting themselves within the public eye. Then again. Not all spirits are alike, are they? What brings a spirit to such desires is something only they know.
Posessed Toy Racial Traits
- Constructed Dead: Being a Possessed Toy, you're both a Construct and Undead in a sense, You have no Constitution score, Any DCs or other statistics that rely on a Constitution score treated as having a score of 10 (no bonus or penalty).
- Spiritual Needs: Being a Spirit, you no longer need to eat, or breathe. You may do so, though it is not needed. Instead, your requirements are pure Energy. You sap the energy of things and people around you. Fires die faster, Plants wither quicker, and people feel just a little more tired than normal around you. People you force energy siphon from must make a DC 13 Will save, Failure saves add a debuff of -2 to Dexterity and Strength, This debuff lasts till the Target takes a short rest or a spell or potion negates a tiring effect. In Combat, Siphoning counts as an Action and can only be cast once on a single target.
- No Rest for the Wicked: As Stated before, you're no longer living, so your needs differ than that of the still-breathing. Though you do not need to sleep, you do feel tired just like any other living creature. When you take a long rest, you enter an inactive state in which you're unable to be "awaken" from unless in danger from your Vessel being destroyed.
- Objective Skin: You are no longer able to heal naturally like you once could with a living body. Only Repairs from the craft Skill or a Repair shop of sorts. Depending on your material repairs from someone who works with your specified body material can repair you. Make Whole also works for repairing the damage.
- Normal base land speed: Scales with the size of your toy
Medium 30ft or 20ft when wearing Medium or Heavy Armor
Small 20ft or 15ft when wearing Medium or Heavy Armor
Tiny requires custom made armour/clothes and moves 10ft
Diminutive requires custom made armour/clothes and can only move 5ft
- What you're made of: When made of Solid Wood, or Metal, and are above small size, suffer no Medium Armor movement speed decrease. Take +1 Fire Damage when exposed to Fire if made of Wood. +2 Fire Damage when exposed to Fire if made of Cloth
- Automatic Languages: Your Character's Original race's language translates over to this race. When speaking with another Spirit treat interaction as though Speak with Soul is active for only you and the other Spirit(s)
- Background, choosing a background below for your Spirit grants them certain advantages as well as disadvantages and fun Roleplay ideas. You may also work with your DM to come up with a new background.
- -1 Intelligence, -2 Wisdom, +2 Charisma
- Copycat: "Stop Copying me! Hey! Stop it!" As a Child Spirit, you, like many other children, like to copy those around you... however, you've taken it to a new level. You are now able to copy sounds of Creaking floors, mimic the voices of others you heard if only for a sentence, and the opening of doors and chests.
- Skills: Disguise, Bluff, Perform Sing, Perform Oratory
- +1 Wisdom, +2 Intelliegence
- Once a day, you gain a +4 to any Escape Artist, and Sleight of Hand checks
- Proficiency: Knowledge Dungeoneering, Survival, Knowledge Geography, Knowledge History