Pooka (SAO) (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Pooka are Bards at heart, literally. They are entertainers that can charm others with pure voice. People admire them and follow them. They tend to be a little bit narcissistic, but they are kind at heart.
Pooka stands up to a maximum of 8 feet and down to 5 feet. No matter how tall they are, their golden hair and usually eyes draws everyone to look at them. They are usually rather skinny as well weight no more than 150 lbs.
Pooka are natural bards. Other races love them and almost zero to none hate them. They get along best with other social classes or races.
Pooka are almost good due to how they draw crowds just from singing. They also tend to be friendly and play small, subtle tricks on friends making them slightly Chaotic.
Pooka are known to travel to gain fame through their songs. If they dont leave home, they usually tend to live near or on peninsulas. When they are home and grounded, they sing at local inns or taverns.
Pooka are Devote Followers of Traveling Gods or Trickery ones. This or they believe in themselves alone and their voices.
Pooka Speak Common and Elvish. They can also learn any other language besides Hidden and Secret ones like Druidic
Pooka name themselves after the first song they hear, usually a clan's anthem or family song.
- +4 Charisma, +2 Dexterity and Intelligence and -2 Strength: Pooka are very social people due to being natural bards. They also are nimble enough to cling on to walls to give flare to their own show. Remembering all of the words to their 3 hour shows requires a great memory. When harnessing and making their voice more powerful, they lost interest in using weapons.
- Magical Humanoid: Pooka are better than normal humanoids, due to having some Elvish blood and natural magical talent.
- Medium: No Size Bonuses
- Pooka base land speed is 40 feet: Flight: 90 Swim: 20
- Flight (Sp): Pooka can fly with wings that can be summoned and dismissed at will, but cannot fly for more than 10 minutes. They have good maneuverability with these wings and have a flight speed of 90. They must attempt to fly outside, outside of combat as well. They must try three times before they can fly, and there must be 2 hours between attempts. They can fly only under Sun/Moon light. They keep these wings until their death. These wings are Golden. These wings make a noise that a DC 15 Listen Check Hears.
- Music Magic (Sp): Pooka can use their voice as a weapon itself. They can attack for 1d8 twice as under the Twin Strike Feat. They can, for a Full Round Action, protect themselves to absorb half of their damage if they hit. As a last ability, they can attempt to control the other enemy. It is an attack roll +BaB and + Cha, vs their will save. If dominated, they are under your control for 1d6+2 rounds.
- Performance Containment (Sp): At Level 3, a Pooka can contain spells in flasks and vials for later use. Once needed, they can uncap the product to produce its effect (Effects: Damage, Protection, Domination, and Healing >10 Health<). You must prepare these out of combat and it takes half an hour. They can be used at anytime.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Elvish. Bonus Languages: All except Secret Languages (Druidic).
- Favored Class: Bard
- Level Adjustment: +1
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||' "||+||lb.||× () lb.|
|Female||' "||+||lb.||× () lb.|
Back to Main Page → 3.5e Homebrew → Races [[Category:<!-race's type-> Type]] [[Category:<!-race's subtype; or remove line-> Subtype]] [[Category:<!-race's size-> Size]] [[Category:LA<!-#->]] [[Category:ECL<!-#->]]