Plantalar (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Very curious and mischievous, Plantalar like to make friends and adventure. They are friendly, but put nature before anything else.
Plantalar are roughly two and a half to three feet tall with black dot eyes, a leafy or bulbous head, and weigh about 35 to 60 pounds.
They can get along with Rangers and Druids incredibly well. Other plants and fey are also usually friends of Plantalar. Plantalar will not get along with nature haters or anyone who may seem scary to them.
Almost always neutral to good. Rarely do you see plant life going out of its way to be evil, though it can happen.
Anywhere there is a high concentration of magic in nature, you can find Plantalar.
Most of this race don't understand the concept of religion. They know that nature is their family and they must protect it. Anything is possible though.
They speak the plant language. With high enough Intelligence they can learn common, Sylvan, Elven, and even Celestial.
Most do not have names until they are given nicknames by either those who befriend them or capture them. Such names include bud, leaf, stem, twig, nut, etc.
- +2 Wisdom, +2 Constitution
- Small Size: +1AC, +1 attack, +4 hide, -4 grapple.
- Lowlight Vision
- Immunity to mind effects, paralysis, poison, polymorph, sleep effects, and stunning.
- Breathes and eats, but does not have to sleep.
- Normal Speed: 30 feet.
- Bond to the Land: +2 dodge to AC when in forest terrain.
- Hydrated Vitality: +2 HP per level per day when fully submerged in water.
- Camouflage: +4 hide and +4 move silent when in forest terrain.
- Fertile Soil: +2 Charisma for spells and abilities if Sorcerer or +1 Caster level for plant domain spells for Cleric.
- Terrain Stride: Travel unhindered in forest terrain.
- Kneecapper: +4 trip attempts
- Poison Use: Never poison self when applying poions.
- Toxic: Constitution modifier equals per day use of saliva poison. Can apply to weapon as swift action. Weakening Venom works through injury, is a save DC of 10 + 1/2 level + Constitution modifier. Works instantly and lasts six rounds. 1d2 Strength damage. 1 save cures.
- Favored Class: Druid.
- Level Adjustment: +1