Pitborn (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Pitborns are usually quiet and judging they are often violent and can be excited easily. In a fight however they are raging and loud. Pitborn are often selfish but can be caring and attached to people. If they decide that they hate something however they will actively and utterly attempt to destroy it, it is very difficult for a pitborn to get over something.
Pitborn are very tall and muscular covered in pulsing veins. They have thick limbs but are generally viewed as neither skinny or fat. The body of a pitborn is covered in scratches and deep scars and the skin color of one is often hard to tell through the many bruises and scars. They are very heavy and large. They have 4 horns two at the front of their head and two at the top. They have thick sharp black claws in their large hands. Pitborn are generally pitch black or a rusty dull red color. They have large black eyes that are covered in multiple eyelids to prevent injury. Pitborn have long thin tails with a spiked tip. Their teeth are rather long and sharp and they have slits for nostrils. They have long black wings.
The entire race is regarded as loud annoying brutes by most of the world and many people hate the pitborn.
Adult pitborn are NEVER lawful good, neutral good or lawful good. Chaotic good pitborn are very rare and tend more towards chaos then goodness. Chaotic and neutral evil pitborn are VERY common and tend to kill anyone on sight.
When a pitborn is born they will be born either inside or above the giant volcanic caves they live in naturally. Any pitborn who isn't must be immediately taken to the lower caves before they are 1 day old or else the pitborn must be killed as it is tradition. Once placed in the lowest levels of the completely pitch black caves with pitborn their age any pitborn must learn to fight and kill, as every other pitborn in the cave will be blood-lusted and going for the kill. Genders are segregated and grow up apart. Babies must make alliances or friendships from an early age or else they must kill anyone who gets in their way. Because the bottoms of said caves are covered in ash from the constant erupting volcanoes pitborn are often called the ash children because when they come out of the deep caves they will be covered in blood and ash. Newborns start at the bottom of the caves and pits and must fight immediately from day one. The only source of water or food is of course the other pitborn so this drives pitborn to kill one another for pure survival, thus cannibalism is the only way to survive. Pitborn survive on the blood and flesh of those with them and ascend the caves daily whilst battling one another. Pitborn become VERY light sleepers and must take every opportunity for sleep they can. Many get lost, slaughtered, eaten or overwhelmed in the caves so by the time a pitborn exits (roughly 20-30 years old by this point) there are around 50 dead for every survivor. Once out of the caves the pitborn is regarded as an adult and may find a partner from the other exit for the opposite gender.
Any thoughts of a god in the caves is suicide however pitborn tend to worship gods or war or battle in their adulthood.
Pitborn learn many languages in the pits commonly common or undercommon though.
A pitborn is given a name once they escape the caves.
- +4 constitution +2 strength +2 inteligence -4 wisdom -2 charisma: Pitborn are used to pain and fear sickness is shrugged off by them as is injury they will fight to the last breath. Pitborn are strong but the time for socializing and learning about the world just isn't in the childhood of a pitborn they must learn to make alliances and strategy's at a young age.
- Monstrous Humanoid(Fire and Demon) Pitborn are used to extreme heat and are classed as demonic and monstrous by many.
- Large: see the size tables for information.
- Pitbornbase land speed is 30 feet: 30 feet flying (good)
- Heart of fire(Ex): A pitborn is immune to heat damage but takes twice as much damage from a cold based attack/effect they also have the hot blooded flaw but don't have the damage increase from it. A pitborn can breathe fire once an hour for up to 2 rounds, this ability deals 1d8 damage + the pitborns constitution bonus. The fire has twice the pitborns normal reach.
- Natural effects (Ex) Pitborns can deal 1d6 damage with their claws and 1d4 damage with their tail. Pitborns do not know how to swim and must expend 6 skill points to learn how to.
- Spoils of war (Ex) If a pitborn bites someone (dead of alive) they can drink their blood and treat it as drinking water a pitborn also heals 1 health from this.
- Battle instincts (Ex) After 2 rounds in a fight a pitborn must make a DC 15 will save or become Enraged With double the normal effects they will remain enraged for the rest of the fight until the enemy is dead. If they succeed the save then the following round they will become enraged.
- Automatic Languages:Common or undercommon. Bonus Languages:Any non secret and abyssal.
- Favored Class: Brawler
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|90 years||180 years||400 years||800 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||12' 11"||+3d10 inches||2755 lb.||× (+2d20) lb.|
|Female||12' 11"||++3d10 inches||2755lb.||× (+2d20) lb.|