Pikachu (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
An interesting breed of creature, Pikachu personalities are often as varied as the races they associate themselves with; Pikachu can be determined or lazy, considerate or rude. They enjoy movement and travel. It bears noting that “wild” Pikachu can be much more difficult to get along with than those living in or around civilization. For some reason, Pikachu have an obsession with ketchup.
Pikachu are short, ground-dwelling rodents notable for their electric abilities, standing just a few inches over a foot tall. They have short, yellow fur with brown stripes on their backs, red cheeks (which can produce bursts of electricity), and black-tipped ears. A particularly distinguishing characteristic of Pikachu is their unusually shaped tail, resembling a lightning bolt. Pikachu commonly walk on two legs and run on all four. A female Pikachu has a v-shaped "dent" at the end of its tail; male Pikachu do not have this dent. Pikachu reach adulthood in five years, and have a life expectancy of 40 to 50 years.
Shiny Variant: looks same as regular pikachu just orange color instead of yellow plus some sparkling stars around the pikachu.
Often found living with or near Humans, Pikachu can be harmful pests, frequently caught sneaking into homes to steal Human food (which they find delicious). Despite this, Pikachu have become a popular companion among Human children due to its cute appearance. Elves, however, are seldom able to see past a Pikachu’s cute exterior; they see them only as food-thieving vermin.
Pikachu are largely good and mostly neutral. Pikachu don’t seem to care much for laws, but they do appear to honor a code of conduct amongst themselves.
Found mostly in forests, but possibly because of their attraction to “people food” or simply because they are not afraid of people, Pikachu also commonly show up in civilized areas. They may even enter houses in order to steal food for themselves.
Pikachu do not worship any gods, and do not identify with any deities. It is for this reason Cleric Pikachu do not exist. However, Pikachu have an intense fascination with lightning (bordering on religious worship), regularly seen climbing trees during thunderstorms to soak up the electricity in the air, all the while quietly chattering what sounds like a chant.
Pikachu speak both the language of their fellow Pikachu and the words of the common world. Their language, Pika, is spoken using only the syllables “pi,” “ka,” and “chu,” and (understandably) is very difficult to understand if one is not a Pikachu themselves. Their Common is squeaky, often peppered with exclamations of “pi!” at the end of sentences. Pika has no written language.
Pikachu names are varied. Some have proper full names, others names more suited to pets, and others go simply by “Pikachu.”
Pikachu are known adventure-seekers, going out of their way to enter combat with other creatures in order to test their strength. Without lands to call their own, some Pikachu are just looking for a place to call “home.”
- +2 Dexterity, +2 Charisma -2 Constitution, -1 Strength: Pikachu are quick-footed, but despite their tenacity aren’t very tough. shiny variant: + 2 Dexterity, +10 Charisma, -2 Constitution, -1 Strength .
- Magical Beast
- tiny: As a tiny creature, a Pikachu gains a +2 size bonus to Armor Class, a +2 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +6 size bonus on Hide checks, but he uses smaller weapons than Humans use, and his lifting and carrying limits are of those of a small character while standing upright. While on four legs, a Pikachu is considered a Medium character for determining weight allowance and encumbrance.
- The base land speed of a Pikachu is 20ft when upright, and 30ft when moving on all fours. Pikachu also have a ×5 run modifier when running on four legs. Pikachu are unable to move on four legs when holding a weapon or a shield.
- +2 racial bonus on Listen, Jump, and Escape Artist checks.
- Pikachu can bite a foe with their sharp teeth to deal 1d3 points of normal damage with a successful unarmed attack.
- A Pikachu deals bonus electricity damage whenever they deal normal melee damage, but this bonus damage is not added to normal damage dealt by spells. This damage scales with level. See Table: Pikachu Bonus Damage.
- Thundershock (Su): Once per 1d4 rounds, a Pikachu can deliver an electrical shock to a single opponent within 10 feet. This attack deals 1d8 points of electricity damage to living opponents. A Constitution save (DC 10 + Pikachu’s character level) reduces the damage by half.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Pika. Bonus Languages: Elven, Sylvan. Pikachu can learn the languages commonly found in nature.
- Favored Class: Barbarian. Pikachu are an adamant little race, and are natural-born scrappers.
|1st – 3rd||1d4|
|4th – 7th||1d6|
|8th – 11th||1d8|
|12th – 15th||1d10|
|16th – 19th||2d6|
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|15 years||30 years||40 years||50 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||1' 0"||+1d4||5 lb.||× (1d3) lb.|
|Female||1' 0"||+1d2||5 lb.||× (1d3) lb.|