Persuasive, Tome (3.5e Feat)
From D&D Wiki
<dplc> ||- | style="vertical-align: middle; white-space: nowrap;"| Persuasive | style="vertical-align: middle;" | Fill in prerequisites for this feat
| style="vertical-align: middle; font-size: 0.9em;"| When you tell you people something that contradicts the evidence of their own eyes, they believe you.
| style="vertical-align: middle; text-align: center;" | -</dplc>
Benefits: This is a skill feat that scales with your ranks in Diplomacy.
- 0 ranks: You gain a +3 bonus to Diplomacy checks.
- 4 ranks: Your words can stop fights before they start. Any creature that can hear you speak must make a Will save (DC 10 + ½ your character level + your Cha modifier) or be unable to attack you directly; however, you aren't protected from its area or effect spells, or similar abilities. Any creature that succeeds on its save is immune to this ability for 24 hours. You may use nonattack spells or otherwise act, but if you attack the creature or its allies, it may attack you. This is a mind-affecting, language-dependent charm effect.
- 9 ranks: You can fascinate creatures with your silver tongue. You can affect as many HD of creatures as your bonus on Diplomacy checks; any creature that fails a Will save (DC 10 + ½ your character level + your Cha modifier) becomes fascinated. If you use this ability in combat, each target gains a +2 bonus on its saving throw. If the spell affects only a single creature not in combat at the time, the saving throw has a penalty of -2. While a subject is fascinated by this spell, it reacts as though it were two steps more friendly in attitude, allowing you to make a single request of an affected creature. The request must be brief and reasonable. Even after the spell ends, the creature retains its new attitude toward you, but only with respect to that particular request. A creature that fails its saving throw does not remember that you enspelled it.
- 14 ranks: You can influence even hostile creatures into talking things over with you. With a DC 30 Diplomacy check, you can use a language-dependent version of charm monster as a spell-like ability, with save DC equal to 10 + ½ your character level + your Cha modifier; this is a mind-affecting charm effect.
- 19 ranks: You can convince an entire group of enemies to listen to you. If you succeed on a DC 40 Diplomacy check, your charm monster ability improves to mass charm monster, with a caster level equal to your bonus on Diplomacy checks.