Paraphrys (3.5e Class)
From D&D Wiki
Paraphrys are focused upon Chaos. They use chaotic energy to power powerful paraphryia, similar to spells, to defeat foes.
Making a Paraphrys
Typically good as a support role, they provide good firepower, and can buff and debuff, but they bring little in the way of skills.
Abilities: Charisma is needed for their abilities, and Dexterity is needed to aim their Energy Blasts.
Races: Usually humans, but Tieflings are also common.
Alignment: Any Chaotic
Starting Gold: 3d6×10 gp (105 gp).
Starting Age: Simple
|Saving Throws||Special||Energy Pool|
|2nd||+1||+0||+0||+3||Paraphryic Energy Pool, Recharge, Paraphryia, Paraphrys Guise||1|
|3rd||+2||+1||+1||+3||Energy Blast 1d6||2|
|5th||+3||+1||+1||+4||Improved Guise, Energy Blast 2d6||3|
|6th||+4||+2||+2||+5||Blast Trick, Paraphryia||4|
|7th||+5||+2||+2||+5||Energy Blast 3d6||5|
|9th||+6/+1||+3||+3||+6||Energy Blast 4d6, Fast Recharge||6|
|10th||+7/+2||+3||+3||+7||Greater Guise, Paraphryia||7|
|11th||+8/+3||+3||+3||+7||Energy Blast 5d6||8|
|12th||+9/+4||+4||+4||+8||Paraphrys Guise, Blast Trick||9|
|13th||+9/+4||+4||+4||+8||Energy Blast 6d6||10|
|15th||+11/+6/+1||+5||+5||+9||Energy Blast 7d6, Elite Guise||12|
|16th||+12/+7/+2||+5||+5||+10||Paraphrys Guise, Quick Recharge||13|
|17th||+12/+7/+2||+5||+5||+10||Energy Blast 8d6||14|
|18th||+13/+8/+3||+6||+6||+11||Blast Trick, Paraphryia||15|
|19th||+14/+9/+4||+6||+6||+11||Energy Blast 9d6||16|
|20th||+15/+10/+5||+6||+6||+12||Paraphrys Guise, Perfect Guise||17|
All of the following are class features of the <-class name->.
Paraphrys are not proficient with any armor or shields.
Paraphryic Focus (Ex): A Paraphrys is attuned to Chaos. He gains a +1 bonus to Initiative rolls, and may add one fourth of her class level (to a maximum of her Charisma modifier) to her AC.
Paraphryic Energy Pool (Ex): At 2nd level, a Paraphrys has a small pool of 'Paraphric Energy Points', EP, that she uses to conjur her paraphryia.
Recharge (Ex): A Paraphrys' Energy pool recharges one point every turn. At levels 9 and 16, the rate of recharge increases.
Paraphryia (Ex): A Paraphys has an omnibus of 'paraphryia', which are similar to spells. Conjuring a paraphryia is a standard action and costs 2 EP, unless stated otherwise. At level 2, and every 4 levels after that (6, 10, etc.) a Paraphrys chooses one paraphryia from the below list. The number of times he may conjur a paraphryia is limited only by the amount of EP he has.
A Will Save, DC 10 + (class level/2) + the Paraphrys’ Charisma modifier, negates any Paraphryic effect.
- Heal: Heal target ally for 1d10 + Charisma modifier.
- Haste: Gain +10ft. to speed this round.
- Frighten: Target enemy become shaken for Charisma modifier rounds.
- Distract: Target gets –4 bonus on Listen, Search, Sense Motive, and Spot checks.
- Steady: Gain +3 insight bonus to saving throws.
- Vigor: Gain 5 temporary hit points.
- Modify: Provide target with a +2 enhancement to one ability and a -2 to another for Charisma modifier rounds. This paraphryia cannot target Charisma or Constitution, and costs 5 EP
- Fly: Gain a fly speed of 15ft (poor) for Charisma modifier rounds.
- Feather Fall: Negate 50ft of falling damage. This paraphryia costs 3 EP
- Regenerate: Heal yourself for Charisma modifier. This paraphryia costs 4 EP, but then may be conjured repeatedly for only 1 EP.
Paraphrys Guise (Ex): A Paraphrys may channel his Chaos power through himself. He may maintain a 'guise' that enhances him by spending 1 EP every round he wishes to maintain it. At level 2, and every level divisible by 4 after that, he picks one of the following guises.
- Reinforced: He gains a +1 armor bonus to AC. This bonus stacks with other armor bonuses.
- Insightful: He gains a +1 insight bonus to to-hit. This bonus stacks with other insight bonuses.
- Power: He gains a +2 bonus to damage.
- Health: He gains a +1 magical bonus to Constitution.
- Grace: He gains a +1 magical bonus to Dexterity.
- Cunning: He gains a +1 magical bonus to Charisma.
- Vampirism: His Energy Blasts heal him for 1 HP. (Cannot be taken until level 4)
- Vengeance: When he is attacked, he deals 1 damage to the person who attacked him. (Cannot be taken until level 12)
- Attentive: He gains a +2 insight bonus to initiative. This bonus stacks with other insight bonuses.
Energy Blast (Ex): As a standard action, a level 3 Paraphrys may spend 1 EP loose an Energy Blast at one foe. This is a ranged touch attack at his highest BAB, and has a range of 25 + 5(Charisma modifier). His base damage is given in Table: The Paraphrys, and then he adds his Charisma modifier.
Improved Guise (Ex): A level 5 Paraphrys has improved his Paraphryic Guise ability. All of the bonuses given by the guises are doubled.
Blast Trick (Ex): At 6th level, a Paraphrys may enhance his Energy Blast ability. As a swift action, he may apply one of the following tricks to his next blast.
- Wide: The Energy Blast is a Cone, with a range equal to his regular range −10ft.
- Explosive: The Energy Blast causes a 10ft burst at the targets location.
- Extended: The Energy Blast has +15 distance.
- Delayed: The Energy Blast deals no damage. Instead, the turn after you hit them they must make a Will save or take your Energy Blast damage +4d6.
- Point-Blank: The Energy Blast is touch range, but deals an additional 4d6 damage.
Fast Recharge (Ex): At level 9, a Paraphrys' recharge rate increases to 2 points per round.
Greater Guise (Ex): A level 10 Paraphrys has improved his Paraphryic Guise ability. All of the bonuses given by the original guises are tripled.
Elite Guise (Ex): A level 15 Paraphrys has improved his Paraphryic Guise ability. All of the bonuses given by the original guises are quadrupled.
Quick Recharge (Ex): At level 16, a Paraphrys' recharge rate increases to 3 points per round.
Perfect Guise (Ex): A level 15 Paraphrys has improved his Paraphryic Guise ability. All of the bonuses given by the original guises are hextupled.
<-Describe what happens when a character violates the alignment restrictions of any other class restrictions. If there are no behavior or alignment restrictions delete this section->.
|21st||Energy Blast 10d6|
|23rd||Energy Blast 11d6|
|25th||Energy Blast 12d6|
|27th||Energy Blast 13d6|
|29th||Energy Blast 14d6|
<-number of skill points-> + Int modifier skill points per level.
Paraphryic Energy Pool: Your EP increases by two every level.
Human Paraphrys Starting Package
Weapons: <-Weapon selection for starting at 1st level with this class.->.
Skill Selection: Pick a number of skills equal to 4 + Int modifier.
|<-Skill name->||<-4 for class skills and 2 for cross-class skills->||<-Abbreviated key ability->||<-armor check penalty based on starting armor. If inapplicable put "—"->|
|<-Skill name->||<-4 for class skills and 2 for cross-class skills->||<-Abbreviated key ability->||<-armor check penalty based on starting armor. If inapplicable put "—"->
<-copy and paste the rows as necessary.->
Feat: <-1st-level feat selection->.
Bonus Feats: <-1st-level feat bonus feats due to class or sample race. remove this section if this sample doesn't get any bonus feats at 1st level. ->.
Gear: <-Starting armor and other equipment outside of weapons.->.
Gold: <-Starting gold using this package.->.
Playing a Paraphrys
Religion: <-description of how this class typically (but no exclusively) approaches religion including likely portfolios it would worship->.
Other Classes: <-How this class typically interacts with other classes and how characters of this class interact with characters of other classes->.
Combat: <-Typical role in combat->.
Advancement: <-Typical advancement options for characters with this class. Include desirable multiclass options->.
Paraphrys' in the World
|“||<-Some quote from a character of this class->||”|
|—<-NPC name->, <-race-> <-class->|
<-Where characters of this class fit in a d20 world.->
Daily Life: <-day in the life of a character of this class->.
Notables: <-notable NPCs of this class->.
Organizations: <-info on what, where, when, and how characters of this class congregate and assemble->.
NPC Reactions: <-How NPCs react to PCs of this class->.
Characters with ranks in <-the appropriate skills-> can research <-pluralized class name-> to learn more about them. When a character makes a skill check, read or paraphrase the following, including information from lower DCs.
|10||<-not so common knowledge->.|
|20||<-very rare information->.|
Paraphrys' in the Game
<-How characters of this class fit in the game (PC and NPC) and what roles they play.->
Adaptation: <-Possible variant conceptions of this class.->.
Sample Encounter: <-DM placement for NPCs of this class.->.
EL : <-Encounter scenario and character info on sample NPC including stat block. The CR of the NPC is typically the same as the EL for the encounter.->.