Ovisal (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Ovisal have varying personalities just like humans do. Most Ovisal are friendly people who would prefer to be around others rather than secluded. Ovisal are a people who love nature and feel a deep connection with it. These people of the mountains often have hearty and stubborn personalities reflecting the terrains they live in. Most Ovisal are outspoken and daring with a love for adventure. Each Ovisal community focuses it's teachings on different values and lessons so depending on their community their personalities will differ.
Ovisal are humanoids that are between five to six feet and are muscular and thick. Females tend to be more well built in the legs where males tend to have stronger shoulders and arms. Most Ovisal have horns peeking out of their hair resembling a sheep or ram. They come in varying skin tones and hair colors like humans, most blending in around their natural environments. Greens, browns, and grays are common colors you might see on skin, in birthmarks, and in hair.
As long as you respect nature Ovisal will like you. They often love teaching others and showing their knowledge of nature off.
Most Ovisal are good. Evil Ovisal tend to be more chaotic.
Ovisal usually live in communities of Ovisal in the mountains. They may live in cabins built in or under trees or built onto or cut into rocks. These communities are often holding festivals to celebrate nature complete with music and dance, food vendors, and festivities and ceremonies.
If Ovisal worship a god they will worship a nature god. Most Ovisal celebrate and worship nature before they worship gods.
Ovisal often like names that are related to nature or names with hard consonants. Example female names: Juniper, Khali, Ventra. Example male names: Everest, Flint.
- +2 strength +1 constitution +1 dexterity: -1 intelligence
- Ovisal base land speed is 30 feet:
- Mountain-Born: Prerequisites: None; Benefit: Members of this race gain a +2 racial bonus on Acrobatics checks made to cross narrow ledges and on saving throws against altitude fatigue and sickness.
- Mountaineer : Prerequisites: None; Benefit: Members of this race are immune to altitude sickness and do not lose their Dexterity bonus to AC when making Climb checks or Acrobatics checks to cross narrow or slippery surfaces.
- Climb : Prerequisites: None; Benefit: Members of this race have a climb speed of 20 feet, and gain the +8 racial bonus on Climb checks that a climb speed normally grants.
- Stonecunning: Prerequisites: None; Benefit: Members of this race receive a +2 bonus on Perception checks to notice unusual stonework, such as traps and hidden doors located in stone walls or floors. They receive a check to notice such features whenever they pass within 10 feet of them, whether or not they are actively looking.
- Stubborn: Prerequisites: None; Benefit: Members of this race gain a +2 racial bonus on Will saving throws to resist spells and spell-like abilities of the enchantment (charm) and enchantment (compulsion) subschools. In addition, if a member of this race fails such a save, it receives another save 1 round later to prematurely end the effect (assuming the spell or spell-like ability has a duration greater than 1 round). This second save is made at the same DC as the first. If the member of the race has a similar ability from another source (such as a rogue's slippery mind class feature), it can only use one of these abilities per round, but can try the other on the second round if the first reroll ability fails.
- Weapon Familiarity: Axe, Two handed Axe, War Hammer
- Automatic Languages: common
- Favored Class: Fighter. Barbarian. Ranger
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|130 years||191 years||250 years||+2d% years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5' 2"||+2d4||130 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||5' 0"||+2d4||100 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
Back to Main Page → 3.5e Homebrew → Races [[Category:<!-race's type-> Type]] [[Category:<!-race's subtype; or remove line-> Subtype]] [[Category:<!-race's size-> Size]] [[Category:LA<!-#->]] [[Category:ECL<!-#->]]