Ork (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Orks start with 2 Racial hit dice.
Estimated Character Level:+2
Type: Monsterous Humanoid and Goblinoid
Ability Adjust: +4 Strength, +2 Constitution, -4 Intelligence, -4 Charisma.
Favored Class: Barbarian.
- Orks, a creation of beings long since rendered extinct, used to be normal Orcs.
However, the Old Ones, beings that existed before man walked upright, took the ancestors of Orcs, and manipulated them, seeking to turn the semi-brutish race into a race of living weapons. With their advanced sciences, and magics, they warped the Orcs, turning them into exaggerated parodies of themselves. Truly destructive, hearty, yet dim and brutish, the Orks wage constant war. They see war as fun, destruction as the norm, and themselves as masters of the universe. In their words, Theys da biggest, an da best, and no oomie, spikey ear bois, stumpys, or mousies, is gonna get da bettah of da boyz!
- Orks are violent, and brutish. In most Orkish societies, Orks use their own teeth as currency. They gain such things by beating them out of each other, and due to the fact their teeth break down at a faster rate than most species, it requires Orks to constantly fight, and fight they do. An Ork, in most situations, will chose violence over peace any day of the way. They see combat as fun, and enjoy it even if they are horrifically wounded.
- Orks are large, muscular, and normally heavily scarred. Their skin ranges from a dark emerald green, to a light green resembling mucus. Their lower jaws protrude forwards, revealing large, exceptionally pointy teeth. Some Orks have hair, while most are bald. Those with hair normally have them in pony tails pointing straight up. Their eyes are normally red, but it can vary from Orkish tribe to tribe. Orks are gender-less, but act, and take on male features. They also suffer no aging penalties, but gain no benefits.
- Orks fight with most anyone, even other Orks. However, should a race be willing to pay them in interesting bits, weapons, or shiny things, Orks are willing to be mercenaries, in most cases. Orks have a kinship with Orcs, seeing them as slightly smaller them, which in some ways is true. Orks fight most violently against Elves, and Dwarves. Orks hate elves, as they detest ranged weapons that are silent, and Orks fight Dwarves, as they are the most fun for Orks to fight. Elves, and Dwarves in turn, despise Orks, and would seek to wipe them out whenever they could. Orks see humans who haven't proven themselves to them as food, or as slaves to do boring things. However, should a Human gain an Ork's respect, or fear, they would be seen as either an enemy to overcome, or as an ally to be feared. Orks respect Fighters, and Clerics for their strength, and despise Rouges and Ninja for being sneaky, and quiet.
- Orks are most commonly, Chaotic Neutral. They can vary on the Chaotic axis, being good or evil, but almost never venture into lawful. However, Orks are extremely varied, so it may happen.
- Orks can survive just about anywhere, even in areas overcome with undead. They are most commonly found in jungles, swamps, and wetlands.
- Orks worship, most commonly, Gork and Mork. However, Orks are a varied lot, and some may worship someone, or thing, else.
- Orks speak both Common, and Orkish, a butchered dialect of Orcish. Anyone speaking to an Ork, who knows Orcish can make an intelligence check, DC 10, to understand Orkish for the duration of the conversation with that Ork.
- Ork are named after things they enjoy, and their Dialect has sunk into their naming scheme as well. Their name seem to be improperly spelled, and said. Examples of Orkish names: Gorgutz Ead'Hunter
- +4 Strength, +2 Constitution, -4 Intelligence, -4 Charisma.
- Monsterous Humanoid (Goblinoid.) Orks share blood with both Orcs, and Goblins.
- Medium (No bonuses due to size.)
- Ork's base land speed is 30 feet:
- (Ex) Wez da best: Orks cannot have inheritied templates, unless experimented on. Any ork with a template added onto them loses Mob Rule, unless they're within an army of their type of Ork. Any other type of Ork will be two stages more hostile to an Ork of a different type.
- (Ex) Biggah is Bettah: For every ten HD gained by an Ork, they gain one size category.
- (Su) Mob Rule: When Orks amass in huge numbers, they have an effect upon the very world. When a huge army of Orks (Gm discretion as to what is a "huge" army, but should generally be several thousand, if not over ten thousands) works together, their thoughts help mold reality. They can create special Orkish magical items that cease to work in the hands of an Non-Ork, of if the Orks themselves no longer think it will work. These magical items could be super weapons, or just general siege weapons.
- (Su) Lootah: When an party with over 4 Orks, or that entirely comprises of Orks, attempts to use an Orkish item working off of Mob Rule, roll a d100 to see the effects of how the machine works. Gm discretion as to what rolls do what, but higher is better. Less Orks can attempt to use the item, but the DC should be significantly higher. Their Use Magic Device checks also gain a passive plus 4, and they gain a plus 10 on checks to repair objects.
- Automatic Languages: Orkish, Common.
- Favored Class: Barbarian.
- Level Adjustment: +2
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||8' 5"||+3d6 Inches||270 lb.||2d6times; 10lbs.|
Back to Main Page → 3.5e Homebrew → Races [[Category:<!-race's type-> Type]] [[Category:<!-race's subtype; or remove line-> Subtype]] [[Category:<!-race's size-> Size]] [[Category:LA<!-#->]] [[Category:ECL<!-#->]]