Oozinoids (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Oozinoids are typically peaceful creatures that prefer to keep to themselves. They usually prefer to help their own communities before anyone else.
These creatures are humanoid in appearance, with the exception of them being made out of a highly viscous, and semi transparent, gel. They stand the same height as humans as well. The outer layer resembles human skin when it comes to durability, otherwise it resembles an ooze's transparentness (although only slightly). Skin colour is of every shade and colour imaginable. On their heads they have faces to not creep people out. The only functioning part of the face is the mouth, the part it needs to speak. It also has ears to hear with. Hair is just more gel that has hardened to the durability of the outer layer of skin.
It is not possible to see right through them.
Oozinoids get along with any race that doesn't try to kill them, enslave them, take things from them or just make life much more difficult for them. Due to the intrusive nature of humans, oozinoids are not particularly fond of them.
Usally, an oozinoid favors being true neutral. They don't have strict codes (most of the time), but they do have some order. They're not out to pursue personal gain at any cost, nor are they out to help everyone that needs it.
Oozinoids live in small groups that usually don't surpass the size of a village. Their communities always lie within a walking distance of three hours or less to a river, lake, ocean or any large body of water. Each group elects a leader to resolve issues involving the entire community and make it easier for wandering adventureres to seek opportunities. When not in the presence of other races they have no legitimate form of government, instead they help each other when they need it and solve problems among those involved. They generally stay out of human communities due to their inability to read and write. When the do join a human community they become mercenaries, merchants, manual laborers and any othet job that does not require reading or writing.
Typically oozinoids worship Obad-Hai or no deity at all. Oozinoid clerics of Obad-Hai almost always choose the water domain, due to their bodies being as close to water without actually being so, and any other that strikes their interest.
Oozinoids speak aquan and common. They have no enemies to learn the language of, but they do learn the languages of the races they have to deal with around their communities.
Like humans, oozinoids have no typical first name. Unlike humans though, they base their last names on their skin colour. They may simply use the name of the colour or they may have the name of an object that can be associated with their skin colour. Their last names are of any language, the most common being aquan.
- +2 Constitution, -2 Dexterity: They take the traits of an ooze in the fact that they are slower yet more durable.
- Aberration: They have an incredibly bizarre anatomy. Too bizarre to be considered a Monsterous Humanoid.
- Medium size
- Oozinoid base land speed is 25 feet
- Remove Poison (Ex): When hit with poison an Oozinoid can secrete the poison from their body. It is possible to bottle the poison. Doing so give a diluted poison that does half the initial effect (rounded down) with the same DC as the original poison.
- Somewhat Solid Body (Ex): Armour check penalties are multiplied by 1 1/2 (rounded up). The heavier the armour the harder it is to maintain a completely solid form. Add up total penalty without the modifier before multiplying.
- Shocked Body (Ex): When electrocuted Oozinoids loose their shape and must take a full round to regain its humanoid form. Assuming nobody moves their armour, they naturally reform within whatever they were wearing, but must pick up their weapons. Their Dexterity is reduced to 1 and their movement speed is 5 feet until they reform.
- Slam (Ex): Unarmed attack replaced with slam attack with each hand dealing 1d4 damage each. They can shift their mass around their body to cause extra damage with their unarmed attack. They are proficient with slam attacks.
- Blind: Immunity to gaze attacks, visual effects, illusions, and other attack forms that rely on sight. -4 on seach checks and inability to read due to blindness. Unable to be a wizard due to this.
- Blindsight (Ex): An Oozinoid's entire body is a primitive sensory organ, much like an ooze's, that can ascertain enemies by scent and vibration within 60 feet. It is impossible to sneak up on one of them unless incorpreal, and even then they must remain absolutely silent and not cause any kind of change to the material plane within the Oozinoid's range.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Aquan. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Elven, Dwarvish, Gnome, Goblin, Giant, Halfling, Orc, and Sylvan
- Favored Class: Sorcerer. A multiclass oozinoid's sorcerer class does not count when determining whether he/she takes an experience penalty.
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|70 years||106 years||140 years||+4d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4' 10"||+2d10||72 lb.||× (1d4) lb.|
|Female||4' 5"||+2d10||65 lb.||× (1d4) lb.|