Oni (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Oni love life, challenges, and alcohol beyond all else. It is said that, long ago, the oni lived side by side with humanity, protecting them from evil and enacting justice. Over time however, they began to be seen as cruel, malevolent creatures whose only interest was destruction. Given their love of drunkenness, excessive strength and durability, it is not surprising that they would come off as violent. While they exceeded humanity in sheer power, they did not exceed them in wit, and through trickery and deceit they were made fools of. It is said that then the oni retreated from the material plane to a land far off hidden from humanity.
Overall, youkai oni are jolly partygoers with a strong competitive streak and a perchance for violence. In times past, centaurs and satyrs were drinking buddies. The tradition carries on today, though it is rare to find a oni on the prime material.
Onis have varied amount of horns on their head. They have finely depicted muscles. Their skin is a human color, Their hair is any color but usually human colors, and their eyes are usually human colors or red. Excluding horns, they are usually 5'5" to 6'.
Oni get along with any race but humans, who they either hate or enjoy to trick/challenge.
Oni tend to mainly be chaotic, only rarely being lawful.
Oni tend to live around, and inside, mountains.
Oni may worship anyone.
• +10 Strength, +6 Constitution, -4 Intelligence, -4 Wisdom +4 Charisma : Oni are physically strong and tough, but aren't commonly very smart and very drunk.
• Bonus hit dice: 8D8
• +5 natural armor
• Base Attack Bonus +6
• Bonus Saving Throws: Will +2, Ref +2, Fort +6
• Racial Feats: An oni’s giant levels give it three feats.
• Giant: Oni are not subject to spells or effects that affect humanoids only, such as charm person or dominate person.
• Racial Skills: An oni's outsider levels give it skill points equal to 5 x (8 + Int modifier). Its class skills are Appraise, Climb, Diplomacy, Intimidate, Jump, Knowledge (local), Knowledge (the planes), Perform, Survival, Swim, and Tumble.
• Medium: As Medium creatures, oni have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
• Oni base land speed is 30 feet.
• Powerful Build: The physical stature of oni lets them function in many ways as if they were one size category larger.
Whenever a oni is subject to a size modifier or special size modifier for an opposed check (such as during grapple checks, bull rush attempts, and trip attempts), the oni is treated as one size larger if doing so is advantageous to them.
A oni is also considered to be one size larger when determining whether a creature’s special attacks based on size (such as improved grab or swallow whole) can affect them. A oni can use weapons designed for a creature one size larger without penalty. However, their space and reach remain those of a creature of his actual size. The benefits of this racial trait stack with the effects of powers, abilities, and spells that change the subject’s size category.
• Drunken Strength (Ex): An oni's body handles alcohol differently from other races. They can drink a large tankard of ale, a bottle of wine, or a corresponding amount of stronger alcohol (usually sake, see below) as a move action. Every bottle, tankard or other unit of alcohol is added to a special pool of points used for special maneuvers that only oni can perform. The shackled oni can have a maximum number of points equal to their Constitution modifier (minimum 1), and they lose one point every hour until the pool is empty. Unless otherwise mentioned, multiple points may be used at once to increase the benefits of the maneuver.
• Automatic Languages: Common, Giant, Orc, Abyssal. Bonus Languages: Infernal, Ignan, Terran.
• Favored Class: Barbarian.
• Level Adjustment: +4
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|1000 years||2600 years||3900 years||Oni have no maximum age|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5' 7"||+1d8||180 lb.||× (1d4) lb.|
|Female||5' 6"||+1d8||170 lb.||× (1d4) lb.|