Oath of the Sin of Pride (5e Subclass)
From D&D Wiki
Oath of the Sin of Pride
|Escanor Sin of Pride by Cyborg Barbarian|
Paladins who follow the Sin of Pride draw their power from their own prideful nature, and from the power of the sun. The sun is the greatest symbol of pride in nature, being the center of all things, shining over the world with powerful radiance. Nothing can hide under the sun's watchful eye, no one can stand against his power, or even turn its gaze towards it.
When a sin of pride paladin is bathed by the sunlight, his true power is revealed, as they grow stronger and shine brighter. This, however, is a curse in disguise, since the lack of light can take away the strong will and prideful nature of the paladin, reducing him to a cowardly meek individual.
- Tenets of the Sin of Pride
Though the exact words and strictures of the Oath of the Sin of Pride vary, paladins of this oath share these tenets.
Judge the Sinful. Wrongdoers must be punished for their transgressions.
Be Proud of Your Power. Let the world knows how powerful you are, behave with pride and shine with glory over everyone.
Protect the Weak. No one is powerful as you. Thus, is your duty to protect your weak allies - everyone who is not you - from unjust harm, even if doing so put your life at risk.
Show no Fear Under the Sun Gaze. Cowardice can't never be shown under the brightness of sunlight, so never show fear, never retreat, when the light of the sun shines over you.
- Oath Spells
You gain oath spells at the paladin levels listed.
|3rd||hellish rebuke, guiding bolt|
|5th||flaming sphere, scorching ray|
|9th||ashardalon's Stride, fireball|
|13th||fire shield, wall of fire|
|17th||dawn, flame strike|
Starting at 3rd level, your body is infused with the power of sunlight, which empowers your body, but at the same time reduces your abilities whenever you are in the dark. You gain the following benefits, depending on the type of sunlight you have:
- Without the sunlight, you are considered to have one level of exhaustion. If you already have exhaustion, your level of exhaustion increase in an additional 1. You can't cast spells while in darkness.
- While in bright sunlight, you have advantage on Strength, Dexterity and Constitution saving throws, and your size becomes Large, if it is lower.
- Channel Divinity
When you take this oath at 3rd level, you gain the following two Channel Divinity options. See the Sacred Oath class feature for how Channel Divinity works.
- Sunlight Power. While you are in bright sunlight, you can spend one use of your Channel Divinity as a bonus action to increase your own physical strength temporarily. For the next 10 minute, you add your Charisma modifier to your Strength checks, saving throws, attack rolls and spell attack rolls; the distance of your long and high jumps increases by 10 feet (this extra distance costs movement as normal).
- Super Slash. While you are in dim sunlight, you can spend one use of your Channel Divinity as an Action to swing a melee weapon you are wielding downward, sending forth a weave of power. All creatures in 5-feet by 30 foot line must succeed on a Strength saving throw, or take radiant damage equal to 2d6 plus your half your Paladin level, or half as much on a success.
- If you are in bright sunlight you cause 3d6 plus your paladin level instead, and any creature who fails the save is pushed 10 feet back and knocked prone.
- Fiery Aura
At 7th level, your body emits a constant heat, making you used to it. When you are in dim or bright sunlight, you and creatures within 10 feet are resistant to radiant, fire and cold damage and to the effects of extreme cold or heat.
- Solar Radiance
When you reach the 15th level, whenever you are in dim or bright sunlight, your body give off extreme heat and brightness. Your body turns dim light into bright light (not considered bright sunlight) in an area within 10 feet. In addition, When a creature of your choice enters area for the first time on a turn or starts there takes radiant damage equal to half your paladin level (rounded down).
- The One
Starting at 20th level, you achieve the true power of the Sin of Pride. As an action, if you are under sunlight you can enter in The One form, gaining the following benefits, depending on the brightness for 1 minute:
- Dim Sunlight
- You gain resistance to all types of damage.
- You master the techniques of the "Divine Sword" and "Divine Spear". You roll 1d12, instead of the normal damage for unarmed strikes. The damage is slashing or piercing. Your unarmed strikes ignore resistance and immunity to non-magical damage.
- Bright Sunlight
- You are immune to all types of damage.
- Your solar radiance area also causes radiant damage equal to half your paladin level.
- You can use trigger a more powerful version of this ability, called "Ultimate". When using the Ultimate, you can extend the duration of your The One form. For each turn you start in "Ultimate" form, you lose 20 hit points, dying after reaching 0 hit points. You are unable to leave "Ultimate".
Once you use The One, you can't use it again until you finish a long rest.