Oath of the Rainbow (5e Subclass)
From D&D Wiki
Oath of the Rainbow
The Oath of the Rainbow celebrates Beauty, Diversity, and Change. Paladins that take this Oath are often much different from most other Paladins. Though there is a wide range of diversity amongst Paladins of this Oath, many who swear this oath are devoted to gods of freedom, change, and beauty. Though most are good or neutral, this oath does not exclude the evil.
Tenets of the Rainbow
Beauty: What is beautiful points us beyond itself toward what is true. It is important to cherish and protect what is beautiful in the world.
Diversity: Diversity carries with it knowledge of what is possible. Without it, we decrease the limits of our potential. Surround yourself with what is not like you, and you will expand your own limits to include more than you can imagine.
Change: We must help bring about the changes the gods are constantly working in the world. Change is for the better and allows us to grow and prosper. Be patient, as change takes time.
True Color: Oath Spells
When you take this oath at 3rd level, you must choose your true color from Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet and Pink. When you choose your True Color, your hair and eyes turn the same color. Also, your chosen color gives you access to a list of Oath Spells at the Paladin levels listed. Oath Spells don’t count against the number of Spells you can prepare each day. If you gain an oath spell that doesn’t appear on the Paladin spell list, the spell is nonetheless a Paladin spell for you.
- Revamp Red
- 3rd - feather fall, longstrider
- 5th - darkvision, enlarge/reduce
- 9th - haste, slow
- 13th - polymorph, stone shape
- 17th - reincarnate, holy weapon
- Oxidation Orange
- 3rd - chaos bolt, faerie fire
- 5th - moonbeam, scorching ray
- 9th - daylight, fireball
- 13th - fire shield, sickening radiance
- 17th - flame strike, wall of light
- Youthful Yellow
- 3rd - cure wounds, healing word
- 5th - healing spirit, prayer of healing
- 9th - mass healing word, revivify
- 13th - aura of life, death ward
- 17th - greater restoration, mass cure wounds
- Garden Green
- 3rd - animal friendship, speak with animals
- 5th - animal messenger, locate animals or plants
- 9th - conjure animals, speak with plants
- 13th - dominate beast, guardian of nature
- 17th - commune with nature, wrath of nature
- Bamboozle Blue
- 3rd - grease, unseen servant
- 5th - misty step, wristpocket
- 9th - galder's tower, stinking cloud
- 13th - dimension door, leomund's secret chest
- 17th - cloudkill, modify memory
- Illusory Indigo
- 3rd - disguise self, silent image
- 5th - mirror image, shadow blade
- 9th - hypnotic pattern, major image
- 13th - greater invisibility, phantasmal killer
- 17th - dream, seeming
- Voodoo Violet
- 3rd - charm person, puppet
- 5th - hold person, suggestion
- 9th - catnap, incite greed
- 13th - charm monster, confusion
- 17th - hold monster, telekinesis
- Perception Pink
- 3rd - comprehend language, detect magic
- 5th - detect thoughts, see invisibility
- 9th - clairvoyance, tongues
- 13th - arcane eye, divination
- 17th - commune, scrying
When you take this oath at 3rd level, you gain the following two Channel Divinity options.
- Chromatic Shift
As a bonus action, you can temporarily change your color to one of the other colors. When you do so, you gain access to that color’s spells and lose access to your True Color spells. Additionally, your hair and eyes change from your True Color to whichever new color you choose. This change lasts until you finish a Long Rest, at which point your hair and eyes return to your True Color, you regain access to your True Color Oath Spells, and you lose access to the new color you chose.
- Prismatic Flash
As an action, you release a prismatic flash of color. Each creature of your choice within 30 feet of you that can see you must make a Constitution saving throw against your spell save DC. On a failed save, the target is blinded for 1 minute. A blinded creature repeats its saving throw at the end of each of its turns. On a success, the effect ends.
Aura of Color
Starting at 7th level, you emit a 10-foot aura of your True Color as long as you are conscious. When a creature you can see within your aura deals damage to you or one of your allies, you can use your reaction to scorch it with a glyph of your color.
While a creature is emblazoned in this way, the glyph glows such that the creature cannot benefit from invisibility, as if under the effects of the faerie fire spell. Additionally, the creature takes damage equal to half your Paladin level, rounded down, at the start of each of its turns. The type of damage is determined by your True Color, unless you are under the effects of Chromatic Shift, in which case the damage is determined by the color you are currently reflecting.
- Red: The creature takes Force damage.
- Orange: The creature takes Fire damage.
- Yellow: The creature takes Radiant damage.
- Green: The creature takes Acid damage.
- Blue: The creature takes Poison damage.
- Indigo: The creature takes Cold damage.
- Violet: The creature takes Psychic damage.
- Pink: The creature takes Lightning damage.
This glyph remains emblazoned on the creature for a number of rounds equal to your proficiency bonus, and does not end early if you use this feature to apply a glyph to another creature. The glyph can be dispelled early with dispel magic, and is treated as a spell with a level equal to half your Paladin level (maximum 9th level).
At 18th level, the range of this aura increases to 30 feet.
Fast as Light
Beginning at 15th level, your speed increases by 10 feet, and you are always under the effects of the jump spell.
Avatar of the Rainbow
Beginning at 20th level, you can use an action to transform yourself into an avatar of translucent shifting colors. For one minute, you have resistance to all damage, and have a fly speed equal to your walking speed.