Oath of the Dragons (5e Subclass)
From D&D Wiki
Path of the Dragons
Paladins that take the Oath of Dragons, believe that the dragons are gods and believe that they must be protected and worshiped no matter the cost. They are usually found traveling in search of any lost remains that connected to the past of dragons. Those who take this usually oath tend to have a personality being arrogant, proud, and honorable. They tend to believe that because their power was given by the ancient Dragon Gods it makes them superior to many others and they hold greater power.
- Tenets of the Dragon
Duty. Defeat the Enemies of your Dragon Lord, and show them no mercy.
Service. Protect and Serve the Dragons.
Honor. Take pride and show honor and worth to the name of Dragonkind.
Reverence. Respect the Draconic race and hold them in the Highest Regard.
- Oath of the Dragon Spells
|3rd||chaos bolt, cause fear|
|5th||dragon's breath, ray of enfeeblement|
|9th||lightning bolt, elemental weapon|
|13th||guardian of nature, vitriolic sphere|
|17th||cone of cold, cloudkill|
- Channel Divinity
When you take this Oath at 3rd level, you gain the following two Channel Divinity options.
- Draconic Enhancement. You can use your channel divinity as an action to cause claws to grow out of your hands and feet. When used, gain a bonus equal to half proficiency your bonus to all saving throws, attack rolls, damage rolls, and ability checks for 1 minute.
- In addition, when you use these claws to make unarmed strikes, you roll a d6, and cause slashing damage, instead of the normal damage for unarmed strikes.
- Draconic Gift. You can use your channel divinity as an action to cause yourself to grow wings and your senses rise. This gives you a flying speed of 30, blindsight of 20 feet, and darkvision up to a range of 120 feet. This lasts for 1 minute.
- Elemental Aura
At 7th level choose a damage type between fire, lightning, cold, acid or poison. A light mist of a chosen type surrounds you and all friendly creatures within 10 feet of you have resistance to the chosen damage type. You can change the chosen type upon completing a long rest.
At 18th level, the range of this aura increases to 30 feet.
- Draconic Emergence
Starting at 15th level, when you are reduced to half your maximum hit points, draconic essence wreathe your body. You gain the following benefits:
- Choose acid, cold, fire, lighting or poison. You cause additional 1d4 damage from the chosen type with your melee weapon attacks.
- You become resistant to the damage of the chosen type.
- You can't be frightened or charmed.
This effect ends when you are no longer below half your maximum hit points.
- Draconic Form
Starting at 20th level, the draconic blood inside of you fills with power and allows you to transform into an adult dragon of choice for 1 hour. This works like a true polymorph spell, but doesn't require concentration.
This feature cannot be used again until you finish a long rest.