Oath of the Dragon Gods (5e Subclass)
From D&D Wiki
Oath of the Dragon Gods
This is a paladin subclass. Your blood and scales are your holy symbol. Must be dragonborn, or have draconic blood.
- Honor: Honor the Dragon blood that flows in your veins. Dragons and their kin respect follow dragons and their kin, even tho they may reside on opposing sides. Grave sites are to never be disrespected or disturbed.
- Valor: Never show your enemy your back. A real Dragon faces their foes head on, and with unwavering bravery.
- Knowledge: Dragons are among the oldest races, and thus possess vast knowledge of the worlds. Carry the knowledge within you, and spread it, and the legend of your fore-parents, so that none are forgotten.
- Freedom: Dragons are free. Slave to no one, and nothing. Each dragon has their own goals and will never have it's will bend or break for another. Never allow yourself to become a slave or property of another.
- Oath spells
- Small beginnings
- Elemantal Aura
At 7th level, you can emit an aura up to 10ft, and friendly creatures within the aura, gain resistance to your bloodline, and when they attack with melee, their attacks deal an additional 1d6 damage based on your bloodline.
- Growing more
channel divinity: Gained at 3rd level Enrage the Blood: Once per long rest, you can tap into your Dragon heritage by drawing a glyph in your own blood on your forehead, allowing access to your ancestor's powers for 1 minute, increasing your breath damage to a D8 instead of a D6, and allowing you to use it twice and hardening your scales to increase your AC by 2, and gaining advantage on Strength checks and intimidation checks. After the minute is up, you gain 1 level of exhaustion, and can not attack your next turn.
well of knowledge: Once per long rest, tap into the knowledge of your ancestors and gain advantage on History and Perception checks. While attuned to your ancestors, you gain truesight for 1 hour, but run the risk of one of your opposite aligned ancestors to gain control of you if you fail a DC 10 save. The more you use this ability, the higher the DC save. If you fail, you must roll after to regain control, after each action.
- Aura of strength
- Dragon Soul
At 15th level, you gain immunity to your element, and resistance to other dragon elements. You also add double proficiency to checks relating to dragons, and can identify dragon elements and their alignments.
At 20th level, you attain the full power of your ancestors. But can only channel it for 5 minutes. While channeling you gain:
- Dragon wings: Allows flight of 60ft, when you make Dexterity check to avoid damage, a fail will only make you take half damage, while a pass will allow you to fly out of harms way.
- Breath Attack: Gain unlimited use of your breath attack, and choose between a line of 5ft X 30ft or a 15ft cone, also increase the damage to D10s. But only one breath per turn.
- Hardened Scales: Your scales harden to increase your AC by 4 and allow you to shrug off critical hits as normal hits.
After you use this feature, you gain 2 levels of exhaustion, and can not attack your next turn.