Oath of the Deep (5e Subclass)
From D&D Wiki
Oath of the Deep paladins are sacred warriors with a powerful bond with the oceans. The paladins who swear this oath are often members of coastal communities, ocean denizens, sailors, or servants of a powerful entity that resides on the ocean deep. While in land, they act as emissaries of those their sworn to serve and protect, fighting against those who pose a threat to the sovereignty of the group or being they represent. They usually wear on their garments shells, coral, and pearls, as a symbol of their connection with the seas.
- Tenets of the Deep
- Protect the Ocean. You are a servant of the ocean itself and its denizens, and you must fight to protect the environment and the life of those who depend of the ocean to live.
- Love the Storms. You must embrace the conflicts of the life, and remain calm and confident even in the presence of a perfect storm.
- Ride the Tides. You must travel like the running water, following the waves and going whenever they take you, fighting your battles along the way.
- Oath Spells
You gain oath spells at the paladin levels listed.
|3rd||create or destroy water, animal friendship|
|5th||beast sense, gust of wind|
|9th||tidal wave, wall of water|
|13th||control water, black tentacles|
|17th||maelstrom, control winds|
- Channel Divinity
- Wave of Destruction: As an action, you can conjure a body of water, hurling a powerful wave onto your enemies. All creatures on a 30-foot cone must make a Dexterity saving throw against your spell save DC, or will receive bludgeoning damage equal to twice your paladin level plus your Charisma modifier, and be pushed 10 feet away from you. On a success the target take half damage and is not pushed.
- Deep Sea Ambassador: As an action, you gain an supernatural affinity with sea inhabitants, lasting 10 minutes. You can communicate with any creatures with the Water Breathing or Amphibious trait through telepathy, up to a range of 30 feet, and gain advantage on all your Charisma checks made with those creatures. In addition, you can breath underwater and gain advantage in all Strength (Athletics) checks for swimming.
- Deep Aura
Starting at 7th level, you and friendly creatures within 10 feet can see through both magical and nonmagical darkness out to a range of 60 feet. In addition, each friendly creature within the aura range can breath underwater and gain a swim movement speed equal to your walking speed movement.
At 18th level, the range of this aura increases to 30 feet.
- Embrace of the Ocean
At 15th level, you become adapted to even the most extreme ocean depths. You have resistance to cold damage, and you ignore any of the drawbacks caused by extreme cold and deep, underwater environments.
In addition, you have resistance to any effect or spell that causes damage trough the force of water.
- Avatar of the Seas
At 20th level, you can manifest the power of the ocean with a duration of 1 minute, gaining the following benefits:
- You can manifest a natural weapon, that you can use to perform a unarmed strike with a tentacle as a bonus action against a creature within 10 feet, dealing 1d10 bludgeoning damage on a hit.
- You flood the battlefield. Any hostile creature in the area of your aura is considered in difficult terrain.
- When a creature moves within 5 feet of you, you can use your reaction to cause lift a wave from the flooded ground around you. The creature must make a Strength saving throw against your spell save DC. On a failed, you can chose to either knock the creature prone or push the creature 10 feet away from you and is knocked prone.
- You can use your reaction on your turn to use the water around you to move, increasing your movements speed by 10 feet.
Once you use this feature, you can't use it again until you finish a long rest.
- D&D 5e XGtE p.168
- D&D 5e XGtE p.170
- D&D 5e XGtE p.160
- D&D 5e XGtE p.152