Oath of the Crown, 2nd Variant (5e Subclass)
From D&D Wiki
Oath of the Crown, 2nd Variant
The Oath of the Crown is sworn to the ideals of civilization, be it the spirit of a nation, fealty to a sovereign, or service to a deity of law and rulership. The paladins who swear this oath dedicate themselves to serving society and, in particular, the just laws that hold society together. These paladins are the watchful guardians on the walls, standing against the chaotic tides of barbarism that threaten to tear down all that civilization has built, and are commonly known as guardians, exemplars, or sentinels. Often, paladins who swear this oath are members of an order of knighthood in service to a nation or a sovereign, and undergo their oath as part of their admission to the order's ranks.
- Tenets of the Crown
The tenets of the Oath of the Crown are often set by the sovereign to which their oath is sworn, but generally emphasize the following tenets.
- Law. The law is paramount. It is the mortar that holds the stones of civilization together, and it must be respected.
- Loyalty. Your word is your bond. Without loyalty, oaths and laws are meaningless.
- Courage. You must be willing to do what needs to be done for the sake of order, even in the face of overwhelming odds. If you don't act, then who will?
- Responsibility. You must deal with the consequences of your actions, and you are responsible for fulfilling your duties and obligations.
- Oath Spells
|3rd||healing word, shield of faith|
|5th||hold person, zone of truth|
|9th||mass healing word, spirit guardians|
|13th||banishment, death ward|
|17th||geas, hold monster|
- Channel Divinity
When you take this oath at 3rd level, you gain the following two Channel Divinity options.
- Champion's Challenge. As a bonus action, you issue a challenge that compels other creatures to do battle with you. Each creature of your choice that you can see within 30 feet of you must make a Wisdom saving throw. On a failed save, a creature can't willingly move more than 30 feet away from you, and if that creature targets a creature other than you with an attack, you gain advantage on your next attack roll made against that creature before the end of your next turn. This effect lasts for 10 minutes and ends early on a creature if you are incapacitated or die or if the creature is more than 30 feet away from you.
- Divine Leadership. As a bonus action, you can use your Channel Divinity to augment your presence. For the next 10 minutes, you have advantage on all Charisma (Persuasion) and Charisma (Intimidation) checks, and can cause your voice to boom up to 3 times as loud as normal.
- Aura of the Champion
Starting at 7th level, while you are not incapacitated, you emanate an aura within 10 feet of you that goads your enemies into fighting you. If you hit a creature with a weapon attack then, until the end of your next turn, that creature has disadvantage on attack rolls targeting any creature other than you while they are within this aura. At 18th level, the range of this aura increases to 30 feet.
- Unyielding Spirit
Starting at 15th level, you have resistance to bludgeoning, piercing and slashing damage from nonmagical attacks.
- Exalted Champion
At 20th level, your presence on the field of battle is an inspiration to those dedicated to your cause. You can use your bonus action to gain the following benefits for 10 minutes:
- You have resistance to all damage.
- You and allies within 30 feet of you have advantage on Wisdom and death saving throws.
- When you or an allied creature within 30 feet of you hits with a weapon attack, that attack can deal an extra 2d8 radiant damage. Each creature can only deal this damage once per turn.