Oath of Protection (5e Subclass)
From D&D Wiki
When taking this class you swear to protect others who can't protect and help your allies when they are down or hurt
- Protect Those Who Need It
- Your strength is more than just a weapon; it is a shield. Interpose yourself between those bent on violence and those who cannot defend themselves. You put yourself in harm’s way to spare another the pain that violence brings.
- Give Succor
- If you are not able to prevent the outbreak of violence, it is your sacred duty to tend to those who are its victims. You have been gifted with the ability to heal wounds, cure poisons, and lift diseases; such a gift is wasted if it is not used. Tend to the wounded, the weak, and the ill and put them before yourself.
- You must be willing to do what needs to be done for the sake of order, even in the face of overwhelming odds. If you don't act, then who will?
- You must deal with the consequences of your actions, and you are responsible for fulfilling your duties and obligations.
- Oath Spells
- 3rd Level: command, sanctuary
- 5th Level: warding bond, calm emotions
- 9th Level: aura of vitality, mass healing word
- 13th Level: guardian of faith, death ward
- 17th Level: circle of power, mass cure wounds
- Channel Divinity
When you take this oath at 3rd level, you gain the following two Channel Divinity options.
- Champion Challenge: As a bonus action, you issue a challenge that compels other creatures to do battle with you. Each creature of your choice that you can see within 30 feet of you must make a Wisdom saving throw. On a failed save, a creature can't willingly move more than 30 feet away from you. This effect ends on the creature if you are incapacitated or die or if the creature is more than 30 feet away from you.
- Turn the Tide: As a bonus action, you can bolster injured creatures with your Channel Divinity. Each creature of your choice that can hear you within 30 feet of you regains hit points equal to 1d6 + your Charisma modifier (minimum of 1) if it has no more than half of its hit points. At 7th level this is increase to 1d8, 15th level 1d10, 20th level 1d12
- Divine Justice
- Starting at 7th level, When a creature that you can see that is within 30 feet of you would take damage, you can use your reaction to quickly form a bond between yourself and that creature, using your Channel Divinity. The creature takes no damage, and you take damage of the same amount and type as the creature would have taken.
- Aura of Mercy
- Beginning at 15th level, when another creature that is within 10 feet of you regains hit points as the result of a spell of 1st level or higher, that creature regains additional hit points equal to your Charisma modifier (minimum 1). At 18th level, the range of this aura increases to 30 feet.
- Undying Light
At 20th level, your presence on the field of battle is an inspiration to those dedicated to your cause. You can use your action to gain the following benefits for 1 hour:
- You have resistance to bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage from nonmagical weapons.
- Your allies have advantage on death saving throws while within 30 feet of you.
- All enemies within 30 feet of you have disadvantage on attack rolls against you or any allies and all allies gain advantage on any saving throws.