Oath of Protection, Variant (5e Subclass)
From D&D Wiki
Oath of Protection
Paladins who take an Oath of Protection become an aegis against evil, protecting their allies and weathering any assault that their foes can muster. Their unflinching resilience is both inspiring and terrifying.
Tenets of Protection
- Humility and Poise.
- You are a guardian of the people, but do not forget, you are one of the people.
- Keep in Heart.
- Nothing is more precious than life, but life is nothing if lived in fear and sorrow. Protect those who seek a simple, happy life.
- You are no crusader of holy light, but a vanguard of the people. Do not fight unless you must for your kin, community, companions, the vulnerable, or the defenseless.
- Love the Light.
- You serve because you know it in your heart to be the path that is pure and true. Protect those you love, and welcome all with an open heart.
Oath of Protection Spells
You gain oath spells at the paladin levels listed.
- Oath of Protection Spells
|3rd||find familiar, hunter's mark|
|5th||hold person, spiritual weapon|
|9th||haste, spirit guardians|
|13th||dimension door, greater invisibility|
|17th||hold monster, telepathic bond|
When you choose this Oath at 3rd level you gain access to the following Channel Divinity options:
Conjure Duplicate. As an action, you create a visual illusion of yourself that lasts for 1 minute. The illusion appears in an unoccupied space of your choice that you can see within 30 feet of you. The illusion looks exactly like you; it is silent; it is your size, is insubstantial, doesn't occupy its space; and it is unaffected by attacks and damage. As a bonus action on your turn, you can move the illusion up to 30 feet to a space you can see, but the illusion must remain within 120 feet of you.
For the duration, you can cast spells as though you were in the illusion's space, but you must use your own senses. Additionally, when both you and your illusion are within 5 feet of a creature that can see the illusion, you have advantage on attack rolls against that creature, given how uncanny the illusion is.
Holy Strike. You can use your Channel Divinity to make a weapon deadlier. As a bonus action, you imbue a weapon you touch with holy power for 1 minute. The next time you hit a target with an attack using that weapon, the target takes force damage immediately after the attack. The force damage equals 2d10 + your paladin level, or maximum dice damage + your paladin level if you had advantage on the attack roll.
Aura of Protection
Starting at 7th level, you emanate an aura of protection, which gives you the following benefits.
- You and friendly creatures within 10 feet of you have resistance to damage from spells. At level 18, this aura increases to 30 feet.
- You have advantage on melee attack rolls against any creature that has one or more of your allies within 5 feet of it.
Starting at 15th level, those who dare to strike your companions are psychically punished for their audacity. Whenever a creature hits an ally within your aura with an attack, that creature takes psychic damage equal to your Charisma modifier (minimum of 1) if you're not incapacitated.
Guardian of the People
At 20th level, you gain the ability to harness extraordinary martial prowess. As an action, you can magically become an avatar of protection, gaining the following benefits for 1 minute:
- You have resistance to all damage.
- When you take the Attack action on your turn, you can make one additional attack as part of that action.
- If you have advantage on an attack roll, you gain a bonus to its damage roll equal to your paladin level.
- Enemy creatures within 10 feet of you have disadvantage on saving throws against your spells.
Once you use this feature, you can't use it again until you finish a long rest.