Oath of Infection (5e Subclass)
From D&D Wiki
Oath of Infection
Paladins who follow the Oath of Infection are bringers of pestilence and disease, harbingers of the end of times. These paladins are also called lesser horseman, and believe that the very existence is rotten to the core, completely overtaken by evil and corruption. Thus, the only way to bring true salvation and end to the vile forces of darkness is to bring an end to all things. They pledge allegiance to the horseman of the apocalypse, specifically to Pestilence, and they don the black and the green, symbols of their rotten presence.
- Tenets of the Infection
- Spread the Sickness. As a means to bring the end of all life, paladins who sworn the oath of infection look to use their powers of disease spreading as often as possible.
- Bring the End. A paladin of the horseman must tireless work to bring the end of all times, in conjunction with the other three apocalyptic orders.
- Corrupt the Wicked. You bring a sanctified corruption, different from those of corruptors and fiends, and to oppose their wicked influence, you must focus your powers of decay and disease on those vile creatures whenever possible.
- Oath Spells
When you choose this oath at 3rd level, you gain the following spells. These spells are considered paladin spells for you and are always prepared, not counting against the maximum number of spells you are able to prepare.
|3rd||inflict wounds, ray of sickness|
|5th||crown of madness, ray of enfeeblement|
|9th||vampiric touch, stinking cloud|
|13th||confusion, sickening radiance,|
|17th||contagion, insect plague,|
- Rotten Divinity
At 3rd level, when you choose this oath, some of your divine powers are changed forever, being tainted by the apocalyptical disease you bring in you. The following features work with the changes below:
- Lay on Hands. You can't restore hit points with your pool. Instead, when you touch a creature, you can spend any amount of points from that pool to cause poison damage to the creature equal to the amount spent. Alternatively, you can spend 5 points from the pool to impose the poisoned condition to the creature, lasting for 1 minute. A creature can make a Constitution saving throw at the start of each turn, ending the condition on itself on a success, and becoming immune to this feature for the next hour.
- Divine Smite and Improved Divine Smite. You cause poison damage, rather than radiant. The poison damage caused by this feature ignore resistance and immunity to damage from undead and fiends.
- Channel Divinity
When you take this oath at 3rd level, you gain the following Channel Divinity options.
- Infect. You can use your Channel Divinity as an Action to attempt to infect a creature you can see within 30 feet with a disease. You can choose between the Cackle Fever, the Sewer Plague or the Sight Rot. The save DC to resist the infection effect is your Spell Save DC, instead of the disease regular DC.
- Wave of Sickness. You can use your Channel Divinity as an Action to push the extreme feeling of sickness on your enemies. All creatures in a 30-foot radius must succeed on a Constitution saving throw, or is poisoned for 1 minute. The poisoned creature can repeat this saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on itself on a success.
- Vile Aura
Starting at 7th level, poisoned creatures and creatures infected with a disease that start their turns within 10 feet takes poison damage equal to half your paladin level, and have disadvantage on Constitution checks and saving throws.
At 18th level, your aura radius increases to 30 feet.
- Consuming Sickness
Starting at 15th level, you have spent so much time using and spreading sickness, it becomes a part of you. You are now immune to poison damage and to the poisoned condition.
In addition, poison damage, the poisoned condition and diseases infected by you ignore resistances and immunities to disease, poison damage or the poisoned condition.
- Aura of Sickness
Starting at 20th level, on your turn, you can use an Action to activate a powerful sickening aura in a 30-foot radius around you.
Any hostile creature that start its turn within the aura must succeed on a Constitution saving throw, or is poisoned for 1 minute. The poisoned creature can repeat this saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on itself on a success.
Also, any creature that start its turn poisoned inside the aura must make another Constitution saving throw, or suffer the effects of one of the sickness of the contagion spell, the duration of your aura. You can choose the same or a different effect for each affected creature.
Once you use this feature, you can't use it again until you finish a long rest.