Oath of Astora (5e Subclass)
From D&D Wiki
Oath of Astora
Paladins who follow the Oath of Astora are noble and brave knights, devoted to the ancient kingdom of astora, and more specifically, to the sun itself, symbol of their powerful kingdom and of their unwavering faith. Oath of Astora paladins are beacons of hope to their allies in the direst of times, maintaining the moral of their allies high even when faced by insurmountable odds and great danger.
- Tenets of Astora
- Praise the Sun. Show gratitude to the sun, your symbol of hope, by lifting your arms daily in joy and hope for a brighter tomorrow.
- Seek your Sun. Search far and wide, with relentless faith for your own purpose and meaning in life, your own shining beacon to drive your journey.
- Shed your Light. As the sun itself, you too must bring brightness and light to the lives of others, driving away the darkness and despair from their hearts.
- Oath Spells
You gain oath spells at the paladin levels listed.
|3rd||faerie fire, guiding bolt|
|5th||aid, calm emotions|
|9th||beacon of hope, daylight|
|13th||fire shield, guardian of faith|
|17th||dawn, flame strike|
- Channel Divinity
When you take this oath at 3rd level, you gain the following two Channel Divinity options.
Sunlight Spear. You can spend your Channel Divinity as a bonus action to wield the power of the sunlight itself. For the next minute, whenever you take the Attack action, you can replace any of the attacks by a ranged spell attack against a creature within 60 feet. On a hit, you cause radiant damage equal to your 2d8 + your Charisma modifier. You can add your Divine Smite or Improved Divine Smite damage to the damage of this attack. You must have an empty hand to hurl the spear.
Comforting Presence. As an action, you can use your Channel Divinity to shed an aura of comfort and calmness around you. For the next minute, any creature that is currently frightened or charmed within 30 feet has that condition removed, and is immune to it (or has the condition suppressed if it is currently affected by it) while inside the aura. Creatures inside the aura also have resistance to psychic damage. Finally, any creature that has taken psychic damage since its last turn, regain hit points equal to your Charisma modifier when ending their turn inside the aura.
- Aura of Warmth
Starting at 7th level, you shed an aura of comfortable warmth, that protect you and your allies from sudden or extreme shifts in temperature. You and all creatures within 10 feet have resistance to cold and fire damage, and advantage on saving throws against the effects of extreme heat and cold.
The radius of the aura increases to 30 feet at 18th level.
- Unwavering Faith
Starting at 15th level, your reserves of faith seem to be undless. You can cast one spell of each level you can prepare, without spending a spell slot, and can't do it again until you finish a long rest. The spell is cast at its minimum level, and must be from your Oath of Astora list.
- Personal Sun
When you reach the 20th level, you can glow bright and powerful like the sun itself. As an Action, you can use this ability to gain the following benefits for the next minute.
- You shed bright light for 30 feet, and dim light for an additional 30 feet. This light is considered sunlight.
- You and any creatures of your choosing in the aura reflect the sunlight emanating from you. Creatures that rely on sight have disadvantage on attack rolls against creatures reflecting this light (including you).
- Whenever an enemy causes damage to you while inside the aura, that creature takes 4d10 radiant damage.
- You can use a bonus action in each of your turns to cast blinding smite, without requiring you to have it prepared, and without spending spell slots.
After activating the aura, you can't do so again until you finish a long rest.