Oath of Aid (5e Subclass)
From D&D Wiki
Oath of Aid
Rather than a deity or ideal, your duty as a Paladin of Aid is to the people.
- Tenets of Aid
Those who take the oath of aid will drop anything to help those in need. The tenets of aid are:
- Heal the hurt.
- Defend the defenceless.
- Comfort the lost.
|3rd||healing word, sanctuary|
|5th||calm emotions, lesser restoration|
|9th||beacon of hope, mass healing word|
|13th||freedom of movement, guardian of faith|
|17th||greater restoration, mass cure wounds|
- Channel Divinity
When you take this oath at 3rd level, you gain the following two Channel Divinity options.
- Drive Back: Immediately before an attacker makes a melee attack against a creature within 30 ft. of you, you may use your reaction to force the attacker 15 ft. away from its target. This cannot force it into an immediately dangerous position, such is in lava or off a cliff.
- Protect the Fallen: As an action, you touch an unconscious creature, placing a protective charm on it. The creature is stabilised if it is at 0 hit points, and for the duration attacks made against it do not incur failed death saves. This effect lasts for 1 minute or until the creature wakes up.
- Improved Lay on Hands
Also at 3rd level, you may use your Lay on Hands as a bonus action. Additionally, the pool of hit points you use for Lay on Hands increases by an amount equal to your charisma modifier.
- Aura of Escape
Starting at 7th level, if an ally within 10 ft. of you drops to 0 hp, they may use their reaction to move up to their speed without provoking opportunity attacks before falling unconscious.
- Bolstering Health
Beginning at 15th level, whenever you use your Lay on Hands feature or cast spell that restores hit points, it may add 1d4 to its next attack roll, saving throw or ability check.
- Restoring Nimbus
At 20th level, as an action, you can emanate an aura of restoration and protection. For 1 minute, you gain the following benefits:
- Sunlight shines from you in a 30-foot radius, bright light shines 30 feet beyond that, and dim light for another 30 feet beyond that.
- Whenever a friendly, stable creature other than you starts its turn within the sunlight or bright light, it regains hit points equal to your Charisma modifier, up to half its hit point maximum. Unconscious creatures at 0 hit points within the light instead gain five times that many temporary hit points, which are lost if the creature regains consciousness.
- Whenever a friendly creature other than you ends its turn within the sunlight, it's AC and each of its saving throws increase by 2 until the end of its next turn.
- Reviving Flare. If you would be killed during the duration, you instead release a massive burst of healing energy. Each nearby friendly creature, including you, regains hit points and gains temporary hit points depending on their distance from you: Creatures within 5 feet gain 15 of each; within 20 feet gain 10 of each; within 50 feet gain 5 of each; within 100 feet gain 1 of each. However, you also take a -4 penalty to all attack rolls, saving throws, and ability checks, as with the spell resurrection. This effect then ends.
Once you use this feature, you can't do so again until you finish a long rest, or if the Reviving Flare happened until your penalty has been reduced to 0.