Nymphs (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Nymphs of the Tree
Nymphs of the Tree live in organized societies similar to those of most mortal races, with a few key differences. Nymphs of the Tree almost rarely build buildings, and if they do, they are made out of wood and un-quaried stone. the second difference is that nymphs are often comunal, rarely wage war on eachother, and have far fewer vices than mortals.
Nymphs of the Tree are all female, and are always considered beautiful. their heigh, weight, and skin colour are often in the range of being beautiful in the eyes of the people of the closest non-nymph, humanoid mortal land. Nymphs of the Tree often have strange eye colours, such as purple, orange, rainbow, and even mirror reflective irises. Most Nymphs have incredibly long and pointed ears, curving slightly upward, unless the idea of pointed ears are considered ugly by the closest mortal settlement. Nymphs always look humanoid, and never goblinoid.
Nymphs of the Tree interact quite well with all humanoid races, as this is key to their survival. Although Nymphs of the Tree live very long lives, they have no way to reproduce on their own, since they are all female. Instead, Nymphs of the Tree have adapted to be able to mate with any other humanoid race, and produce Nymph of the Tree offspring, although these offspring look like the standard of beauty of the father. When interacting with other non-humanoid races, Nymphs of the Tree are less friendly, but often put their differences aside if it is required. Many will even make long and healthy friendships with non-humanoids, since the weight of reproduction is not present.
Nymphs of the Tree have the alignment of the closest mortal, humanoid habitation, although few nymphs are ever evil, and many nymphs attempt to live away from evil lands, though exceptions do occur.
Nymphs of the Tree live in forrests and jungles near human populations. the trees in these lands are always large and powerfuls, empowerd by the pasive nature magic of Nymps of the Tree.
Nymphs of the Tree often do not practice religion, but other comunities with particular connection to neighboring humanoid lands often adopt their neighbors religion. Other Nymphs of the Tree worship Obad Hai, as their connection with nature makes him a popular god.
Nymphs of the Tree automatically know Common, Sylvan, and other languages of neighboring humanoid lands.
Nymphs of the Tree have X names. their first name is in the fashion of nearby humanoid lands. their secret name is in sylvan, and usually has to do with nature (river, wind, deer, jaguar, willow, spring, etc). their "last name" is their mother's secret name, translated into the language of the closest humanoid land (usually, the phrase "of the" is in between, such as a Nymph of the Tree named Sera of the Wind). many Nymphs of the Tree ad more to their "last name" to reflect their personality (such as a Nymph of the Tree named Tynande Whisperwind).
- +4 Dexterity, +4 charisma, +2 Wisdom : Nymphs of the Tree are dexterous fo the need to climb trees, charismatic because of their natural beauty, and wise because of their coexistence with nature
- Nymphs of the Tree are Fey
- Medium size
- Nymphs of the Tree base land speed is 30 feet: 15 feet climb, provided the surface is plant life (vines or tree bark). A Nymph of the Tree can always choose to take 10 on climb checks when climbing trees
- Unearthly Beauty (Su). : This ability affects all humanoids within 30 feet of a nymph. Those who look directly at a Nymph of the Tree must succeed on a DC 17 Fortitude save or be transfixed for 2d4 rounds. An enemy who is transfixed must focus entirely on who he is transfixed upon, and may not act harmfully against a Nymph of the Tree unless the Nymph of the Tree acts harmfully to them.This works like a transfix spell.A nymph can suppress or resume this ability as a free action. Those who save against the Elven Nymph's dazzling beauty are immune to its effects for 24 hours. The save DC is Charisma-based.
- Unearthly Grace (Su). : A Nymph of the Tree adds her Charisma modifier as a bonus on all her saving throws, and as a deflection bonus to her Armor Class. (The statistics block already reflects these bonuses).
- Damage Reduction 10/cold iron.
- Naturally Magical. : A Nymph of the Tree has no level adjustment if her first 3 class levels are spellcasters. if the one of these first levels are a spellcaster class that doesn't have access to 9th level spells, a Nymph of the Tree's level adjustment is +1 instead of +3. if one of the first 3 levels are of a non-spellcaster class,the level adjustment is +3 as normal.
- Wood Weapon Skill. : A Nymph of the Tree begins play with proficiency in any 2 weapons made out of wood (such as quarterstaffs and bows). as well, a nymph takes +2 on any attack and damage rolls with any weapon she uses made of wood (including ironwood weapons).
- Automatic Languages: Common, Sylvan, and the languages of the people of the closest humanoid land. . Bonus Languages: Orgham .
- Favored Class: Sorcerer.
- Level Adjustment: +3
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|200 years||300 years||400 years||+4d% years|
|Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|4' 5"||+2d6"||80 lb.||× (1d6) lb.|