Norseman (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Norsemen come the cold northern or southern regions of the human populated lands. They are a culture of superstitious seafarers and warriors who are well known for their arm strength and strong constitutions(at least when it comes to drink) however their boastful and boisterous nature can be quite grating to those not used to it.
They are the stereotypical Viking/Norseman.
They are on average 6' tall (5' 8" for women) and weigh about 180 lbs on average (130 lbs the women). They have mostly blonde or red hair and grey or blue eyes. They wear beards and mustaches as well as tresses and ponytails.
The norsemen have historically fought valiantly against Giants and goblin-kind for centuries. They naturally admire and respect Elves, Gnomes and Dwarves. With these they also trade often. They crush without mercy Kobolds and they mistrusts Grey Dwarves.
Chaotic, often Chaotic Neutral.
Norsemen follow gods of war, drink, the sea, wealth, and nature more than any others.
Norseman speak Common and Nordic. Nordic was a trade pidgin of Draconic, Dwarven and Giant.
- Names are followed by patronimic and the name of the clan or of the town.
- Patronimic is formed by the father's name plus the suffix: "-sson" if a male and "-dottir" if a female.
- Male Names: Alvis, Aslak, Bjorn, Bond, Carr, Dag, Esbern, Gunnar, Geir, Herrick, Ivor, Leif, Magne, Oddvar, Olaf, Regin, Sigurd, Stig, Sven, Tarn, Tor, Yngvar, Hrolf, Thorstein, Eirik, Ragnar, Invar, Thorvald, Bjarni;
- Female Names: Astrid, Brenda, Dagmar, Eir, Gerda, Gunnhild, Helga, Hjordis, Idona, Inga, Norna, Ragnhild, Runa, Sigrid, Thora, Unni, Valda, Gudrun, Aud, Hallgerd, Hallgrim, Svanhild, Thorgerd;
- Clan Names: Bear, Boar, Bull, Eagle, Lynx, Wolf;
- Town Names: Uppaholm, Æskenheim, Stavengard, Hathaborg, Hålea, Trelleskap, Gautargard, Jomsburg, Osthavn, Danhus, Danhavn, Kobalsthal, Torunberg, Lillenthal, Gautarhavn;
- +4 Strength, +4 Constitution, −2 Intelligence +4 Wisdom: Norsemen are strong and tough with strong willpower but not typically inclined to higher reasoning.
- Norseman base land speed is 40 feet.
- A Norseman gets a +4 Racial Bonus to Profession (Sailor) and it is always considered a class skill.
- 1 extra feat at 1st level.
- 4 extra skill points at 1st level and 1 extra skill point at each additional level.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Nordic. Bonus Languages: Any.
- Favored Class: Any
- Level Adjustment: 0
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|35 years||53 years||70 years||+2d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5' 6"||+3d6||140 lb.||× (1d6) lb.|
|Female||5' 4"||+3d4||100 lb.||× (1d4) lb.|
- Peasant Warrior
- Barbarian: common far from sea. They use the Totem Barbarian rules, choosing from Bear, Boar, Bull (Dragon), Eagle, Lynx (Jaguar), Wolf.
- Fighter: common in urban settings. They use the Tribal Champion and the Nobility options.
- Ranger: common far from sea. They can also use the Favored Environment rules, choosing from Mountains, Forest.
- Viking: the most common, half barbarian, half pirate; must be taken at 1st level.
- Rogue: only in urban settings.
- Skald: substitutes the Bard. They use the Savage Bard variant.
- Wilderness Rogue: substitutes the Rogue in wilderness settings.
- Beguiler (from Player's Handbook II): they are considered to be Loki's Clergy, so they must worship him and stay within one pass from his alignment.
- Druid: receives power from the Vanir, Gods of Nature, and they must worship them. In fact, they are considered to be Vanir's Clergy.
- Healer (from Heroes of Battles): they are considered the current magic user, also the general base class to Clergy.
- Warlock: rare, bad regarded, secretive arcane class.
- Berserk: very common. Bear, Boar, Bull clans.
- Cleric of the Way: good-aligned, college organized, and diffuse in Danaland and Æskland.
- Frenzied Berserker: quite common. Eagle, Lynx, Wolf clans.
- Jomsviking: evil aligned, order of elite mercenary hailing from Jomsburg.
- Priest of Uppaholm: evil-aligned, cult organized and form the ruling class of Gautaland.
- Swanmay: good-aligned cabal of protectress of nature.
- Variag Guard: chosen bodyguards of Golden Emperor in Basilea.
- Viking Sailor: only for other classes than base Viking, who wants to take some levels.
- Viking Warlord: only for other classes than base Viking, who are going to lead some.
- White Mage: members of the White Circle of Hålea, dominating Finaland.
- Arcane Trickster: Loki worshipping arcanists.
- Battle Trickster: Loki worshipping warriors.
- Bearlord: leaders of the Bear Clan.
- Bear Warrior: champions of the Bear Clan.
- Bloodhound: hunters of Wolf Clan.
- Divine Oracle: prophet and prophetesses.
- Highland Stalker: hunters of Eagle Clan.
- Magical Trickster: Loki worshipping mages.
- Ravager: most merciless and savage outlaws.
- Reaping Mauler: brawlers of Bull Clan.
- Tempest: champions of Boar Clan.
- Uncanny Trickster: Loki worshippers.
- Wildhunter: hunters of Lynx Clan.
- Wolflord: leaders of the Wolf Clan.
- Beastmaster: less common.
- Dread Pirate: quite common.
- Exotic Weapon Master: quite common.
- Horizon Walkers: quite common.
- Legendary Leader: quite common.
- Loremaster: quite common.
- Mystical Theurge: less common.
- Nature's Warrior: less common.
- Rage Mage: less common.
- War Chanter: quite common.
- War Priest: quite common, must have cleric/priest levels.