Nocturne Hybrid (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Hybrid vary from cold and detached to short-tempered depending on which halve is more prominent. They are often blunt and honest with their opinions but have enough sense to keep their comments to themselves under tense circumstances. When confronting struggle or perceived challenge, they are encouraged to overcome it, whatever it may be. Hybrid are emotionally guarded, keeping others at arms' length with their crude remarks and threats. If they do open their hearts, however, they become sincere and surprisingly thoughtful.
In either case, the Hybrid reflects a toned-down attitude of their purer relatives. As such a Vampire Hybrid may be more agreeable and a Werewolf Hybrid more understanding, or anything in between, and if the case may be it's an even mix, the potential for the maximum benefit of strengths vs weaknesses would be far better.
Hybrid differ greatly from one another in appearance and capability. If the werewolf side is dominant, they appear as the mirror image of a gnoll, with human extremities instead of paws, fur colour ranging from common browns and blacks, with the rare chance of odd colours, such as faded red. Their eyes are often yellow, orange, or red. If vampirism is more prevalent, they are often gaunt or frail in stature, although some look as strong as they are. Averaging at 6'1 feet, boasting pale skin and a slender physique, red or black eyes, and standard hair colour the vampire Hybrid looks indistinguishable from his linear cousins.
Hybrids, commonly accept all races, half-breeds more than the others mainly due to a recognition of the existence of stigma concerning half breeds. There are those of a purebred race and some with lineages as old as time who completely reject half-breeds.
Hybrids (Nocturnes) may be rogues and very well may take mates and reproduce. This, of course, is preferred to occur within own Clans or Covens. Depending completely on the source of the lore, this question of offspring capabilities is argued. Some believe the Undead cannot reproduce and some say they can.
Hybrid are too arrogant and independent to be lawful, but otherwise, they have the potential to be any alignment. Based on their disposition for law for reason of personality clash; inside their own world, they may be very ordered and rigidly practice their Discipline. Hybrids originate from covens or clans and may still align with their people if they originated there and are still welcome.
They can be from just about anywhere that lycans and vampires are.
Commonly Hybrids do not worship gods, but there are ones who will worship gods. Hybrids (Nocturnes) are far more likely to pay homage to or align with ancient bloodline relatives. This is more difficult than one may perceive. Hybrids (Nocturnes) are the elite end result of a bloodline mutation. They are lucky if allowed to pay tribute to blood ancestors whether still living or not. The politics of the Clan or Coven the Hybrid (Nocturne) resulted from is the largest determining factor of what and who He/She Will choose to align with, it will determine who the Hybrid (Nocturne) has respect for entirely.
It is possible, as stated above, that a Nocturne may find a deity to worship. If He/She gets excommunicated from their first origins they may wander in search of finding both a home and themselves. A Deity to worship might be just what they're looking for. Something to belong to.
Hybrids know Natural Communication with other Werewolves when their morphed into animal form and Vampire runic immediately upon creation, regardless of previous factors. They may also acquire knowledge of another language spoken by their creators, or rather the respective creatures involved in their conception.
Hybrids give themselves names by taking words and jamming them together or give themselves titles instead of a name.
- +4 Strength +2 Dexterity -4 Intelligence -4 Charisma If more werewolf dominant
- +2 Strength +4 Dexterity -4 Constitution -4 Wisdom +2 Charisma +4 Inteligence If more vampire dominant.
- Humanoid (Humanoid Canine if more werewolf)
- Medium: As Medium creatures, Hybrid gain no bonuses or penalties for their size.
- Hybrid base land speed is 40 feet. Base land speed can be increased to 50 ft if they have nothing in their hands, are not carrying more than a heavy load and do no other actions (runs on all fours)
- Racial Bonuses: +4 Listen, +4 Search, +4 Spot, and +4 Handle Animal. Survival is now a class skill.
- Darkvision out to 60 feet.
- Telepathy Can project thoughts and hear thoughts up to 15 feet.
- Immune to all natural diseases
- Sunlight Sensitivity: Hybrid are nauseated when standing in direct sunlight.
- Racial Negatives: Moon change- hybrid can go feral (barbarian rage) when the moonlight shines on him
if he doesn't pass a will save dc 17 he will go feral for 1d4 rounds.
- Bloodthirst once every week the hybrid has to make a will save of 17 or else will
feast on the closest source of fresh blood
- Silver sensitivity: any attack made with a silver weapon deals extra damage equal to the hybrid's character level, hybrids cannot use silver weapons or touch silver objects, they take 1 damage each round they are in contact with silver and can take no actions other than to get away from it.
- Vampiric heart: any creature that uses a holy weapon or wooden stake and makes a dexterity check = to the hybrid's AC + HD to a minimum of 20, the hybrid is instantly reduced to 0 hp and rendered unconscious, Only way to kill hybrid is to use a holy weapon that is silver.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Vampire runic, Undercommon. Bonus Languages: Gnoll, Goblin,
Giant, Tyrin, Elven.
plus 11 to str dex wis con
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|70 years||110 years||160 years||+2d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||6'||+1d10||120 lbs.||+2d20 lbs.|
|Female||5'10"||+1d10||100 lbs.||+2d20 lbs.|