Nimble City Guard (3.5e NPC Class)
From D&D Wiki
Nimble City Guard
Large cities and capitols, found out long ago that training Nimble Guards was necessary to keep order among escape artists, acrobatic lawbreakers, and last but not least: troublesome adventures.
Nimble City Guards are skilled in advanced acrobatics, and fast movement to insure the capture of fast and acrobatic criminals. Nimble City Guards can Climb, Jump, Tumble, and are expert free-runners. They can therefore chase criminals over roof tops, though a crowded marketplace, or whatever weird difficult terrain you might find in an urban territory. Nimble City Guards are experts in working together, and can exploit the potential in their numbers to its maximum. Nimble Guards has special training in advanced acrobatics and combat so that can work together like ants. They are experts in using long-spears and puts them to good use, as acrobatic tools as well as weapons. Nimble guards have even been known to fight together using the same long-spear.
Nimble City Guards are usually Lawful
- Starting Age
"Simple," or "moderate", Nimble City Guards has to be young and nimble.
|1st||+1||+2||+2||+0||Teamwork, Weapon focus (long spear)|
|4th||+4||+4||+4||+1||Throw long spear|
Class Skills (6 + Int modifier per level)
All of the following are class features of the Nimble City Guard:
- Teamwork (Ex): A Nimble Guard is trained in specific teamwork combat maneuvers, and working together in teams. Nimble guards gains +4 when assisting another Nimble guard on skill checks. Nimble guards may also fuse there attacks together regardless of their order of initiative to gain +4 on their attack roll and deal x1½ damage. Also two Nimble guards may assist each other using combat maneuvers including grabbles, disarms, and trips and gain a +4 bonus without provoking attack of opportunity, for any additional Nimble guard assisting the combat maneuver the adds the normal +2 bonus.
- Weapon focus (Ex): A Nimble Guard gains Weapon focus (long spear) as a bonus feat.
- Run (Ex): At level 2, a Nimble guard gains the run feat as a bonus feat.
- Free running (Ex): Starting at level 3, a Nimble Guard may take ten on all acrobatics checks involving free running in urban terrain and gets a +4 circumstance bonus on all acrobatics checks as long as he is wielding a long spear.
- Throw long spear (Ex): At level 4, a Nimble Guard may throw a long spear without any penalties to his attack roll.
- Increased speed (Ex): Starting at level 5, a Nimble guard increases his base land speed by 10 ft.