Nakanaga speak both Common and Auran. They are known to learn Aquan to communicate with their more common Naga kin. Some even learn Ignan or Terran to communicate with others of elemental bloodlines. Rarest of all are those choosing to learn Abyssal, Celestial, or Infernal in order to talk with their rarer Spirit Naga, Guardian Naga, and Dark Naga cousins.
- +2 Dexterity, −2 Constitution: a Nakanaga is light and agile, but frail compared to others their size.
- Aberration (Air): Nakanaga have the lower-bodies of massive snakes and the upper bodies of a humanoid, similar to their more common cousins, but they carry the blood of creatures from the Elemental Plane of Air.
- Large: –1 penalty to Armor Class, –1 penalty on attack rolls, –4 penalty on Hide checks, +4 bonus on grapple checks, lifting and carrying limits double those of Medium characters, and a natural reach of 10 feet.
- Nakanaga base land speed is 20 feet: they also have a flight speed of 40 feet with average maneuverability, and a swim speed of 40 feet.
- A Nakanaga's powerful tail can serve as a natural Slam attack, dealing 1d8 bludgeoning damage.
- A Nakanaga has darkvision out to 60 feet.
- Serpentine Form: a Nakanaga's serpentine body and aquatic heritage grant them a +8 racial bonus on all Balance and Climb checks, as well as all Swim checks to perform a special action or avoid a hazard. A Nakanaga can always choose to take 10 on a Climb or Swim check, even if distracted or endangered. A Nakanaga can take a run action while swimming, but only if swimming in a straight line. A Nakanaga also suffers a -8 racial penalty to Jump checks.
- Improved Grab (Ex): A Nakanaga who strikes a smaller opponent with their tail can attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity. No initial touch attack is required.
- Constrict (Ex): On a successful grapple check, a Nakanaga deals 1d8 points of bludgeoning damage, plus their strength modifier.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Auran. Bonus Languages: Abyssal, Aquan, Celestial, Ignan, Infernal, Terran.
- Favored Class: Favored Soul (pg 6).
- Level Adjustment: +2.
Table: Nakanaga Random Starting Ages
Table: Nakanaga Aging Effects
Table: Nakanaga Random Length and Weight
||× (1) lb.
||× (1) lb.
Back to Main Page → 3.5e Homebrew → Races