My Ancestors (5e Subclass)
From D&D Wiki
My Ancestor Patron
You have made your pact with a being of great power from your heritage. you may know them they maybe even closer related than you think or some far off long ancestor. They always seem to be by your side in the good and bad times or maybe they are the ones making these good or bad times. Work with your dm to discuss the specifics of which ancestor you have a contract with or maybe you are unaware of the connection and a dm can decide on how the patron shall act. Your spells and abilities take the form of your ancestor where they apply or there tools they had in there life.
My Ancestor lets you choose from an expanded list of spells when you learn a warlock spell. The following spells are added to the warlock spell list for you.
|1st||Guiding Bolt, Unseen Servant|
|2nd||Spiritual Weapon, Healing Spirit|
|3rd||Spirit Guardians, Speak with Dead|
|4th||Death Ward, Guardian of Faith|
- Ancestral Watcher
Starting at 1st level,
- You are immune to the surprise condition and enemies get no benefit from surprise on you.
- You also gain a bonus to your perception and passive perception equal to your charisma modifier.
- Ancestral Guardian
Starting at the 1st level,
- You may as a reaction when a creature attacks you or forces you to make a saving throw, you may have them take physic damage equal to your Warlock level. You may use this a number of times per short or long rest equal to your Charisma modifier.
- Ancestral Guidance
At 6th level,
- You learn the guidance cantrip if you do not already know it and it does not count against the number of warlock cantrips you known.
- If you would miss on a spell attack roll or if a creature would save successfully against a spell which you used a spell slot for, you may roll a d20. If you roll a 17 or higher, you recover that spell slot. After this ability is successfully used, you may not use it again until you complete a long rest.
- Spiritual Trinket
At 10th level,
- Your patron ancestor gives you a trinket. While you have this item you and only you can add your Charisma modifier to death saving throws, and if you where to roll a natural 1 on a death saving throw you may treat it as if your have rolled a 2 instead.
- Spiritual Wrath
Starting at 14th level, You generate an invisible aura that your ancestor looks over. As a reaction to you or an ally with in a 60ft radius, you may ask your ancestor to strike back at a creature that had targeted you or a friendly creature. You do not have to see the attacker to activate this ability. That creature must make a wisdom save takes 5d10 physic damage and your choice of 5d10 necrotic or radiant damage and become frighten of you for 1 minute. On a successful save, half damage and the creature is not frighten. You regain use of this ability after a short or long rest.