Mutant slime (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Courtesy of http://chaoticsoulriolu.deviantart.com/
Mutant slimes are friendly and outgoing but struggle to speak for long times. They have an excellent memory and are often very brash. The majority of mutant slimes are straight and to the point and aren't often for small talk.
A mutant slime is often very big between the large and medium categories it has a strange bone structure. It has a humanoid shape with a much bigger skull and bulky limbs. They can mold their body to any shape and may liquefy and change the positions of their bones. They often have very sharp teeth and while it appears as though they have no eyes or facial features at all their entire body is covered in microscopic cells that function as eyes and ears. They can harden their skin and liquefy it at will. They have very variable weights that can change from 100-2500lb any individual can increase of decrease their weight. When wearing armor they can slowly absorb it into their skin and give it the traits of the armor. They may do this with any item but the limit is about the same as a normal person can carry. They consume prey by chewing it to small pieces and digesting it in their highly acidic body or simply by pulling them in whole. It takes a mutant slime 3-4 days to absorb a plate of armor and about 2-3 hours to absorb a meal. They can stick to any surface or wall with ease but struggle to stay in one piece in water. Although they naturally may eat nearly anything the majority of the race has vowed never to consume intelligent life. Their body's may be any color
They are considered abominations by most of the world but often become friends with people with high authority.
Mutant slimes are rarely neutral but may be any alignment.
Mutant slimes prefer deserts or plains as they are not wholly fond of water. They have a few villages on the outskirts of a great desert. These villages are sprawling but hard to find.
Mutant slimes worship any god.
Mutant slimes can speak virtually any language as they can shape their vocal cords to make nearly any sound.
Mutant slimes acquire names the same as anyone.
- -8 charisma -2 wisdom +10 constitution +2 dexterity: Mutant slimes are hard to kill through natural ways and are resistant to all poisons and most weapons.
- Ooze: The body of a mutant slime is best described as "Ooze"
- Medium or large: If large -1 Ac -2 on hide checks +8 on grapple checks.
- Mutant slime base land speed is 20 feet: Mutant slimes swim at 30 feet for the first round of movement in water and 5 feet every round afterwards.
- Digestive body (Ex): A mutant slime can digest a object to gain it's abilities it can do this with up to 1 full plate of armor 5 rings 3 amulets 1 pair of boots and however much the DM decides is a fair amount of whatever object the mutant slime is trying to absorb all absorbed armour is counted as natural armour unless the slime is playing as a monk. The mutant slime may discard the effects of a previous item to absorb a better one. It takes the mutant slime 1 minute for every Lb the object weighs to digest it. If the mutant slime makes a successful grapple check and beats the reflex save of the target it may attempt to digest a creature and leave it's belongings behind. If successful the unfortunate creature takes 1d10 + the mutant slime's constitution bonus worth of acid/heat damage every round. Every 2 rounds the grappled creature may attempt to make a strength check to break out but it takes a -2 penalty and must beat the mutant slimes roll. After 4 rounds being digested the creature must make a Fortitude saving throw as if it was drowning in water the effects are just the same if they fail or succeed the roll. A mutant slime can digest anything except for adamantite, lava, acid, another mutant slime or a elemental. The DM may want to make other things undigestable as well. The mutant slime is immune to all poisons, sleep effects polymorph, and stunning as it's type suggests. Mutant slimes cannot move with ranged weapons. A mutant slime cannot carry anything unless it is digesting it or if it is currency. Mutant slimes produce a slight luminescence that does not help with vision but makes them easier to spot or notice giving them a -6 bonus to hide checks in dark unless they can beat a DC 12 concentration check to stop glowing. Npc's of non good alignments are always rude or racist to mutant slimes unless their morals suggest otherwise meaning bartenders and shopkeepers can choose not to serve them.
- Gel body (Ex): A mutant slime takes 1/3 damage from slashing weapons rounded down and can move parts of it's body through bars and such if it liquefy's it's body (It takes 2 rounds to do this). The mutant slimes skeleton cannot be liquified. However when in water the mutant slime takes 1/4 damage from melee or ranged weapons and it automatically loses all strength, dexterity or wisdom checks. It moves very slowly in water and when it comes out from water it must wait 5 minutes before it can take an action. The mutant slime does not need to breathe and it takes X3 rounded up damage from cold attacks. A mutant slime can climb walls and ceilings with no penalty.
- Special qualities (Ex): A mutant slime cannot be blinded. It takes no fall damage and if others fall into it it may choose weather or not they take damage. Mutant slimes don't need to drink or sleep they do however need to eat at least 1Lb of food a day (Something a person would define as food rotten food doesn't affect it however nor does poisoned food) Mutant slimes cannot survive by eating random materials. Mutant slimes take X3 damage from fire based attacks
- Horrific When first meeting a mutant slime most people must make a DC 15 will save or throw up. Rolling a natural 1 on this check means the player will always throw up when they see the mutant slime until they succeed the check at a later date (at least 2 days after). Rolling a natural 20 on this check means the player will always feel better around a mutant slime and will feel slightly more friendly towards them then a normal person.
- Automatic Languages: Common. Bonus Languages: Any non secret.
- Favored Class: Brawler.
- La +3
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|200 years||550 years||2000 years||+4d20 years|
- A mutant slime never dies of old age when it reaches the max age it splits into 2 new mutant slimes.
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5'3-13'3"||+1d10 inches||100 lb.||× (Changeable at will) lb.|
|Female||' "||+||lb.||× () lb.|
- Mutant slime's can identify and act as any gender they don't have a gender.