Mushroomfolks (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
The small mushroom people known as the mushroomfolks live across the woodlands and plains.
Mushroomfolks tend have different personalities based on the color of their mushroom cap's spots. Common colors include red, light green, and blue.
- Red Spots: Usually cowardly and subservient. Most common coloration.
- Light Green Spots: Usually shy and always happy to talk to people. Second most common coloration.
- Blue Spots: Usually the smallest of mushroomfolks have this coloration. It is common among scholarly types.
- Orange Spots: Usually Very Brave. Rare, most mushroomfolks would rather hide than fight.
- Yellow Spots: Usually loves to tell jokes. They try to make jokes even in the most inappropriate of times.
- Pink Spots: Usually very Intelligent. They are very rare, and only a few have ever been seen on the whole Mushroom Planet.
- Purple Spots: Usually bittersweet. They are rare.
Many mushroomfolk's spots become grayer as they grow older.
Mushroomfolks are usually about four feet tall and weigh around 70 lbs. when full grown. They have large mushroom caps atop their heads. They don't have any hair.
Mushroomfolks distrust most orcs and goblins. The mushroomfolks of Rogueport are used to orcs and the like and so don't hold the grudge of other mushroomfolks throughout the kingdom. Mushroomfolks have good relations with gnomes and elves.
Mushroomfolks are usually neutral good.
Mushroomfolks are most comfortable within temperate woodlands and plains.
Mushroomfolks worship the stars. The Shooting Star Summit is a divine place where it is said the Star Road to the ancient Star Haven begins.
Mushroomfolks speak Common and Sylvan. They usually learn other languages as well.
Mushroomfolks have diverse names. Most of the mushroomfolk people have last names with any nature/animal meaning
- +2 Intelligence, -2 Strength. Frail but smart, mushroomfolks don't make for good warriors.
- Humanoid (Mushroom). The Mushroom subtype gives no special bonuses.
- Spot Bonus: Depending on the color of the spots a mushroomfolk gains a special bonus. (Select one color at character creation) Red: none, Light Green: +4 Charisma, Blue: +2 Intelligence, Tiny size replaces Small, Orange: +8 Strength,-2 Intelligence, Yellow: +4 Dexterity, -2 Charisma, Pink: +4 Wisdom, +2 Intelligence, -2 Strength, Purple: +4 Constitution. Once you reach Lv. 19 you spots become Brown and you still retain your spot bonus.
- Mushroomfolk can aid other characters in there jump checks with a swift action. In order for this to work characters must jump from the square that mushroomfolk resides in. Doing this causes 1d3 points of subdual damage to mushroomfolk, but grants a +4 jump bonus to the jumper.
- Small: +1 bonus to Armor Class, +1 on attack rolls, +4 bonus on Hide checks, -4 penalty on grapple checks, lifting and carrying limits 3/4 those of Medium characters.
- A Mmushroomfolk's base land speed is 20 ft.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Sylvan. Bonus Languages: Elven, Gnome, Undercommon, Ignan and Terran
- Favored Class: Wizard.
- Level Adjustment: +0
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|42 years||79 years||90 years||+3d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4’ 0”||+2d6||80 lb.||× (2d6) lb.|
|Female||4’ 0”||+1d6||70 lb.||× (2d6) lb.|