Moroifolks (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Moroifolks are alive, mortal and born type of vampires
Most moroifolks simply feel more at home on the road than in a settlement. Having little formal training, a great many of these journeyers become fighters and rogues.
Moroifolks are said to be very beautiful. Moroifolks's skin is described as being very pale and their bodies are slim and tall. Moroi are much taller and slimmer than humans. Standing next to their Dhampir guardians they look very pale, very tall, but also less muscular. Which they are. Moroifolk females and males are described as possessing a supernatural beauty. They have a pair of fangs that extended and retractable from canine teeth that use for feeding, which come out when about to bite, and angry.
As moroifolks are scions of evil, few races view them favorably. They share an affinity for those half-breeds whose sinister ancestry also sets them apart from human society, particularly tieflings and half-orcs. Humans view them with a combination of fear and pity, though such feelings often devolve into hatred and violence. Other humanoid races, such as dwarves, elves, and halflings, simply shun them. Similarly, moroifolks bear a deep-seeded loathing for living creatures, their hatred planted by jealousy and fed by frustration.
Most moroifolks are evil
Most moroifolks do not feel comfortable being in the sunlight, though they still can be outside during the day time.
Most moroifolks succumb to the evil within their blood. They are unnatural creatures, and the foul influence of their undead heritage makes an evil outlook difficult to overcome. Those who struggle against their wicked natures rarely progress beyond a neutral outlook.
Lacking a culture and unified traditions, moroifolks share humans' predilection for a diversity of names, and most keep their human birth names. Many moroifolks take the surname of the towns or regions in which they were born, or use a surname derived from a significant event.
- Str +4, Dex +2, Con +4, Cha +2
- Humanoid (Moroi)
- Medium size
- Moroifolk base land speed is 30 feet
- Racial hit dice: A moroifolk begins with five levels of humanoid, which provide 5d8 Hit Dice, a base attack bonus of +3, and base saving throw bonuses of Fort +4, Ref +1, and Will +1.
- Racial Skills: A moroifolk’s humanoid levels give it skill points equal to 8 × (2 + Int modifier). Skills are same as warrior class.
- Racial Feats: A moroifolk’s humanoid levels give it two feats.
- Alternate Form (Su): As a base Vampire: A moroifolk can assume the shape of a bat or wolf as a standard action. This ability is similar to a polymorph spell cast by a 12th-level character, except that the moroifolk does not regain hit points for changing form and must choose from among the forms mentioned here. While in its alternate form, the moroifolk loses its dominate ability, but it gains the natural weapons and extraordinary special attacks of its new form. It can remain in that form until it assumes another or until the next sunrise. (If the base creature is not terrestrial, this power might allow other forms.)
- Blood Drain (Su): If pinning an opponent, the vampire can make a bite attack that does 1d4 Constitution damage each round, the vampire gains 5 temporary hp each point, and imput a venom which will paralyze the victim .
- Blood Mimicry: When a moroifolk reaches ancient status he will get a unique ability to call forth the memories, skills, and powers of the victim he has drained, He can also take the persons form when calling the past victim forth. Also he must drain the victim completely in order to keep their powers and depending on the amount of blood he has drunken, he will only hold onto the victims powers and memories for a while before disappearing
- Blood Rush (Ex): When a moroifolk consumes a pint of blood, they go gain a surge of power. They gain an untyped bonus of +5 to any physical ability score for a number of rounds equal to half their total hit dice.
- Charm Gaze (Su): by making a gaze attack against a target within 30’ as a Free Action, the target is affected by Charm Monster, using the Half-Vampire’s HD as Caster level. (WillNeg). If the target’s save is successful, he/she is immune to this moroifolk’s Charm Gaze for 24 hours.
- Damage Reduction (Ex): A moroifolk is extremely tough; it has damage reduction 5/magic and silver.
- Darkvision (Ex): Moroifolk have darkvision with a range of 120 ft.
- Domination (Su): As base vampire, except that a moroifolk can do this either by gaze or voice. It does not require line of sight to the target, but the target must be able to hear the vampire lord's voice when it speaks at a normal volume level.
- Metabolism Control (Ex): moroifolks have an unlimited life span, do not age, but are alive, so their bodies still grow. Cutting off their hair or nails would only cause them to regenerate, so vampires have control over the growth of their anatomy. As 1 action, a vampire can change the length of his nails, hair, and/or canine teeth. They often use this ability to hide their claws and fangs until they're ready to strike a victim and expose what they really are. The vampire can also stop breathing, make their hearts stop, etc. They also for a short amount of time can increase his physical stats by however he chooses giving him a short time to become stronger than he really is.
- Resistance (Ex): Moroifolks have cold and electricity resistance 5.
- Scent (Ex): Moroifolks can use the scent ability to track, and have a +5 racial bonus to alchemy.
- Speed Enhancement (Ex): A moroifolk outstanding speed gives him a +4 competence bonus to melee attack rolls, ranged attack roll with thrown weapons, armor class, and reflex saves.
- Automatic Languages: Common. Bonus Languages: Any non-secret.
- Favored Class: Fighter.
- Level Adjustment: +5
|110 years||+4d6 years||+6d6 years||+10d6 years|
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|300 years||500 years||1000 years||N/A|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4' 10||+2d10||120 lb.||5 × (2d10) lb.|
|Female||4' 5"||+2d10||85 lb.||5 × (2d10) lb.|