Minotaur, Variant (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Not to be confused with the official minotaur race.
Huge bull-men who thrive on destruction. They can often be found in old castles in small numbers but beware the Minotaur horde. They can quickly level an undefended kingdom.
- +8 strength, +4 constitution, 2+ dexterity . They are big, strong, tough and agies.
- –4 charisma, +4 intelligence, +4 Wisdom. Intelligent, wise but not at all charismatic.
- Large. -1 to AC and attack bonus, -4 on Hide checks, +4 on special attacks, double carrying capacity of medium.
- Monstrous humanoid.
- A minotaur’s base land speed is 30 feet.
- Darkvision out to 60 feet.
- Classe Hit Dice and Racial Hit Dice .
- Racial Hit Dice: A minotaur begins with six levels of monstrous humanoid, which provide 6d8 Hit Dice, a base attack bonus of +6, and base saving throw bonuses of Fort +2, Ref +5, and Will +5.
- Racial Skills: A minotaur’s monstrous humanoid levels give it skill points equal to 9 x (2 + Int modifier, minimum 1). Its class skills are Intimidate, Jump, Listen, Search, and Spot. Minotaurs have a +4 racial bonus on Search, Spot, Listen checks, Intimidate.
- Racial Feats: A minotaur’s monstrous humanoid levels give it three feats.
- Weapon Proficiency: A minotaur is proficient with the Greataxe and all simple weapons.
- +5 natural armor bonus.
- Natural Weapons: gore (2d8 + strength modifier . At 5th level the damage increases to 3d8, and increases by 1d8 every five levels thereafter.
- Powerful Charge: A minotaur typically begins a battle by charging at an opponent, lowering its head to bring its mighty horns into play. In addition to the normal benefits and hazards of a charge, this allows the beast to make a single gore attack with a +9 attack bonus that deals 4d6+6 points of damage.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Giant. Bonus Languages: Ardanian, Abyssal, Auran, Celestial, Dwarven, Goblin, Ignan, Serpent, Orc, Goblin.
- Favored Class: all.
- Level Adjustment: +2.
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|70 years||100 years||200 years||+2d100 years|