Metal Elemental Monolith, Thrash (3.5e Creature)
From D&D Wiki
THRASH METAL MONOLITH
|Thrash Metal Monolith|
|Size/Type:||Gargantuan Elemental (Extraplanar)|
|Hit Dice:||36d8+252 (414 hp)|
|Speed:||90', fly 90' (poor)|
|Armor Class:||33 (-4 size, +16 Dex, +1 dodge, +10 natural), touch 23, flat-footed 23|
|Attack:||Slam +40/+35 melee (6d6+10 plus 6d6 electricity)|
|Full Attack:||3 slams plus slam +35/+30/+25/+20 melee|
|Special Attacks:||Heavy (320' tornado+), metal mastery +8, pounce, quickness, rake (+39 melee, 4d8+5), rend (12d6+20), spikes, sudden leap|
|Special Qualities:||Damage reduction 20/adamantine (15/-), darkvision 180', elemental traits, freedom of movement, immune to electricity, fear and sonic, scent|
|Saves:||Fort +19 Ref +29, Will +27|
|Abilities:||Str 30, Dex 42, Con 25, Int 12, Wis 15, Cha 23|
|Skills:||Balance +21, Climb +28, Diplomacy +8, Escape Artist +26, Hide +22, Intimidate +24, Jump +72, Listen +20, Perform (keyboard, oratory, percussion, string, sing, wind) +42, Move Silently +28, Sense Motive +20, Spot +20, Swim +28, Tumble +28|
|Skill Tricks:||Acrobatic Backstab, Back on Your Feet, Clarity of Vision, Nimble Stand, Slipping Past, Spot the Weak Point, Twisted Charge|
|Feats:||Blind-Fight, Combat Expertise, Combat Reflexes, Hold The Line, Improved Initiative, Improved Rapidstrike, Improved Trip, Leap AttackB Mage Slayer, Pierce Magical Concealment, Pierce Magical Protection, Power Attack, Rapidstrike, RunB, Weapon FinesseB, Whirlwind AttackB|
|Epic Feats:||Double StandardsB, Epic WillB, Improved Whirlwind AttackB, Legendary LeaperB, Superior Initiative|
|Environment:||Elemental Plane of Air, Paraelemental Plane of Metal|
|Alignment:||Usually chaotic neutral|
There is a charge in the air accompanying the strong smell of ozone, heralding the leaping arrival of a gigantic, wiry creature covered in rust-colored metal. Its motions are fluid and exact. You're not sure if this two-jointed creature is positioned like a panther, or a humanoid moving like a panther. It has claws, furthering its feline resemblance, though those on its toes are much larger and curved than its foreclaws. Where its head would be is a short, thick spike, and every inch of its body aside from its claws and head-spike (which are dented and claw-marked) is covered in deadly sharp spines almost resembling the short fur of a cougar, if their fur was made of rust-colored metal. Occasionally a crackle of static precedes several crawling bolts of purple-tinged lightning which coruscate over the beast's form through its lacerating "fur".
A thrash metal monolith is quick and vicious -- even moreso than other metal elementals -- being charged with the elemental energy of the most stormy regions of the Plane of Air. They may also have a sliver of the same essence that empowers folk metal monoliths, which would explain their predatory shape and behavior. Subtlety they are incapable of. These violent elementals hunt only for sport, ambushing the smallest prey to savagely rip it to ribbons and smash it to a red smear before the victim's aware it's dead. Thrash metal monoliths are the most abrasive and cacophonous of all metal elementals; in situations where it isn't killing, it still cuts all down with a tongue as sharp as its "fur" in the usual mix of Auran and Terran, but at least thrice as fast and brutal as their weaker kin.
The performances of a thrash metal monolith evoke rage and speed. Like the death metal monoliths, their instruments are as weapons, but whereas theirs are like mauls and greataxes, a thrash metal monolith's are akin to a whirlwind of dual-wielded scimitars and tiger claws. Their angry snarls have slain more eardrums than living beings.
Thrash metal monoliths are 64' tall when standing upright (which is almost never) and are lean and mean, weighing just under 82 tons (163,840 pounds).
Unlike other metal elementals, thrash metal monoliths lack a scream weapon. Instead, they let their fists and claws do all the talking. Though their hands are clawed, they aren't quite large enough to inflict the damage of the monolith's backhands and heel-stomps.
A thrash metal monolith's natural weapons are treated as adamantine for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.
If you wish to use the house rule that multiplies a creature's maximum hit points by one-tenth its CR once it reaches CR 11, a thrash metal monolith would instead have 786 maximum hit points.
- Electric (Ex): A thrash metal monolith's body emits an electrical field. Anyone within a thrash metal monolith's melee reach (20'), or touches or is touched by the monolith, automatically takes 6d6 electricity damage with every touch and every round.
- Heavy (Su): Refer to main page.
- Metal Mastery (Ex): Gains a +8 to attack rolls against foes with metal armor or are made of metal, and foes take a -8 penalty on attack rolls with a metal weapon or appendage.
- Pounce (Ex): If a thrash metal monolith dives upon or charges a foe, it can make a full attack, including two rake attacks with its clawed feet.
- Quickness (Su): A thrash metal monolith is supernaturally fast. It gains a bonus standard action on every turn. Furthermore, the monolith is treated as if constantly hasted.
- Rake (Ex): Attack bonus +40 melee, damage 4d8+5 plus 6d6 electric.
- Rend (Ex): When a thrash metal monolith successfully hits with two slams in a single action, it grabs its opponent and attempts to break it in half. This automatically deals another 12d6+20 damage.
- Spikes (Ex): A thrash metal monolith's body is covered in sharp spines, which deal 4d8 piercing damage to anyone who touches the monolith. If the monolith simply touches another creature, that creature takes this damage as well, but if it makes a natural attack, that attack deals piercing damage as well as its normal damage (its slams and rends are bludgeoning and piercing, and its rakes are piercing and slashing).
- Sudden Leap (Ex): A thrash metal monolith is always considered running for jumps. The monolith can make a Jump check as a swift action and move the distance determined by the check result. It provokes AoOs (unless it makes a successful Tumble check) and must move in a straight line. It can't move through enemies unless it succeeds on the appropriate Tumble check.
- Freedom of Movement (Su): A thrash metal monolith is always treated as under a freedom of movement spell (CL 20).
- Feats: Explained on the main metal elemental page if not in the SRD.
- Skills: Thrash metal monoliths gain a racial bonus on Strength-based skill checks and Move Silently checks equal to one-third its hit dice. It uses its Dexterity modifier for Strength-based skill checks (if Dex is higher). If it uses a show of electricity, the monolith gains a bonus to Intimidate checks equal to one-quarter its hit dice against other kinds of metal elemental aside from other thrash metal monoliths (as thrash monoliths are not only immune to electricity, they are almost made of it) unless that metal elemental is of a larger size category.
- Skill Tricks: Explained on the main metal elemental page.