Metal Elemental, Primal (3.5e Creature)
From D&D Wiki
Note: this primal elemental uses these traits, rather than those of the Epic Level Handbook.
PRIMAL METAL ELEMENTAL
|Primal Metal Elemental|
|Size/Type:||Titanic Elemental (Extraplanar)|
|Hit Dice:||64d20+1728+384 (3,392 hp); 6,784 hp in the paraelemental plane of metal|
|Initiative:||+32 (+18 Dex, +6 elemental mastery, +8 Superior Initiative), always first|
|Armor Class:||123 (-16 size, +18 Dex, +16 deflection, +6 elemental mastery, +89 natural), touch 34, flat-footed - (7th Sense); see Lightning Bane|
|Attack:||Slam +131 melee (271/18-20/x3 [norm 20d10+71]); see Lightning Bane|
|Full Attack:||2 slams|
|Special Attacks:||Augmented critical, crushing fists, divine sonic, enhanced fists +16, heavy (1920' tornado+x6), lightning bane, pounce, scream, metal mastery +12|
|Special Qualities:||Blindsight 1,500' (only in plane of metal), damage reduction 60/adamantine and divine (40/-), darkvision 6400', fast healing 20 (100 on the paraelemental plane of metal), lightning vulnerability, primal elemental traits, spell resistance 51, steel healing, +1 virtual size category|
|Saves:||Fort +54, Ref +45, Will +54; see Lightning Bane|
|Abilities:||Str 76/+33, Dex 46/+18, Con 64/+27, Int 19/+4, Wis 27/+8, Cha 40/+15|
|Skills:||Balance +38, Bluff +22, Diplomacy +55, Escape Artist +81, Intimidate +55, Jump +520, Listen +76, Perform (keyboard, oratory, percussion, string, sing, wind) +85, Sense Motive +69, Spot +76, Tumble +97|
|Skill Tricks:||Acrobatic Backstab, Back on Your Feet, Clarity of Vision, Nimble Stand, Slipping Past, Spot the Weak Point, Twisted Charge|
|Feats:||Alertness, Combat Expertise, Combat Reflexes, Hold The Line, Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative, Improved Natural Attack, Improved Trip, Mage-Slayer, Pierce Magical Concealment, Pierce Magical Protection, Power Attack, Robilar's Gambit|
|Epic Feats:||Epic WillB, Greater Natural Attack, Greater Power Attack, Light Eradication, Power Attack Mastery, Sixth Sense, Superior Initiative, Uncanny Power Attack, Weapon Abatement|
|Divine Abilities:||Bludgeoning DebasementB, Moderate Eradication, Perfect Disarm, Perfect Initiative, Perfect Weapon Specialization (Slam)B, Razor TongueB, Self-HypnosisB, Seventh Sense, Superior Natural Attack, Superior Power Attack, True SeeingB, True Strike (Slam)B|
|Environment:||Paraelemental Plane of Metal|
|Alignment:||Usually chaotic neutral|
|Advancement:||65-79 (Titanic), 80-159 (Macro-Fine), 160-329 (Macro-Diminutive), 320+ (Macro-Tiny)|
Almost reaching the sky, so high that it could kick over a castle and backhand the clouds, is an enormous metallic monstrosity. It resembles semi-solid molten steel in the rough form of a bulky, muscular humanoid, though it has no head. It is colored every shade of metal you've ever seen and more. Even for its size, its fists and feet are gigantic. It moves with a speed and grace for its size and unwieldy shape that it bewilders, as if gravity and the need for balance did not apply to this mountain-sized, living metal behemoth.
Primal metal elementals are the rarest and most mighty of the embodiments of elemental metal. They are elemental demigods. Comprising the form of a primal metal elemental is almost every kind of raw metal ore in the multiverse, though there are rumors of ones made of a single kind of metal. While they are not as active as their lessers, they are still devastatingly loud and violent beings. They speak that mix of Auran and Terran; their voices are the living embodiment of power and brutality.
When a primal metal elemental performs, armies fall to their knees. They can play in the style of any metal elemental, including all varieties of metal monolith.
Primal metal elementals tower 256' above all lesser metal elementals, and they weigh a solid-adamantine-flattening 409 kilotons (819,200,000 lbs). Their primal attunement with the element of metal means they are treated as three size categories higher for the purpose of their Heavy ability.
They fight similar to their lesser kin, though are far more dangerous.
A primal metal elemental's natural weapons are treated as adamantine and divine (demigod) for the purposes of overcoming damage reduction.
- Augmented Critical (Ex): The slams of a primal metal elemental threatens a critical hit on a roll of 18-20, doing triple damage on a successful critical hit. Against lightning/electricity creatures, objects, and effects (see Lightning Bane), it's 15-20/x5.
- Crushing Fists (Ex): The slams of a primal metal elemental use one-and-a-half times their Strength modifier in bonus damage. Furthermore, for the purpose of Power Attack, their slams are treated as two-handed weapons.
- Divine Sonic (Su): All sonic damage from a primal metal elemental is half divine damage and thus ignores sonic resistance and immunity.
- Enhanced Fists (Su): The slams of a primal metal elemental are magically enhanced, gaining a +16 enhancement bonus to attack and damage rolls.
- Heavy (Su): Refer to main page.
- Lightning Bane (Su): Primal metal elementals gain a +12 bonus to: Bluff, Intimidate, Listen, Sense Motive, Spot, and Survival checks, +24 to attack rolls, +36 to weapon damage rolls, and its slams threaten a crit on a 15-20, doing x5 on a successful crit, against creatures native to the paraelemental plane of lightning or are strongly electric-themed (e.g. storm elementals) and against effects with the electricity descriptor (if capable) and related objects, such as a magic weapon crafted with a spell with the electricity descriptor. They also gain a +12 bonus to AC and/or saving throws (wherever applicable) when attacked or affected by the above.
- While on the paraelemental plane of lightning, the numeric bonuses are halved (+6/+12/+18), but while on the paraelemental plane of metal, the numeric bonuses are one-and-a-halved (+18/+36/+54).
- Pounce (Ex): If the primal metal elemental charges, it can follow up with a full attack.
- Scream (Ex): As a standard action, with a 1d2 round delay between uses, a primal metal elemental can shout as a 480'-cone breath weapon. Creatures in the area take 32d12 sonic damage (64d12 sonic per HD vs exposed brittle or crystalline object or crystalline creature) and are permanently deafened unless they make a DC 75 Fort save (which halves the damage and creatures are deafened for 1 minute). This is a sonic effect. DC is Con-based.
- Furthermore, any creature in a 960'-radius of the primal metal elemental must make a DC 63 Will save or be cower for 8d6 rounds (instead frightened for 4d6 rounds on a successful save). This is a fear effect. DC is Cha-based. Creatures who fail the Fort save vs sonic/deafness take a -12 circumstance penalty on this save vs fear.
- Metal Mastery (Ex): +12 to attack rolls against foes with metal armor or are made of metal, and foes take a -12 penalty on attack rolls with a metal weapon or appendage. Against attacks that would heal it (see Steel Healing, below), the penalty is instead a +12 bonus.
- Blindsight (Ex): 1,500', but only functional on the paraelemental plane of metal.
- Elemental Mastery Bonus (Ex): Primal metal elementals are effectively demigods of an elemental nature, and as such add a +6 elemental mastery bonus to: armor class; attack rolls; checks (ability checks, caster level checks, skill checks, turning checks); difficulty class (for any special abilities, spell-like abilities, spells); hit points per hit die; initiative; saving throws; spell resistance; and weapon damage rolls. As a demigod, they are unaffected by all antimagic effects.
- Steel Healing (Su): So attuned with its element is the primal metal elemental that anything made of metal that would deal it damage instead heal it for 1 point for every 2 points of damage it would otherwise inflict (as if it had no damage reduction). Sufficiently rare metals (such as adamantine or mithril, but not cold iron or silver) deal damage normally (reduced by its damage reduction, as normal). The primal elemental cannot heal itself or other metal elementals with this ability in this manner.
- Feats: Explained on the main metal elemental page if not in the SRD.
- Skill Tricks: Explained on the main metal elemental page.